Chapter 5 - Pastel Picnic

Spring time...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

The feeling of spring is already in the air, and to be honest, it feels amazing. As I looked outside my window of my bedroom, there were so many Sakura trees that it was hard to keep count of them. Then moments later, my phone notified me that someone texted me. I figured it would be Reona, but I was wrong. The one who texted me was Chisato. I wonder why she is texting me, though. Does she miss me?

Either way, I read the text she sent.

Chisato's text: Hey (Y/N)-kun, are you doing anything?

Your text: At the moment, not really. Do you need me for something?

Chisato's text: Well, the girls and I decided to have a picnic at the park under the Sakura trees, and I was wondering if you wanted to join us?

Getting invited to a picnic was a wonderful idea, especially since there are a lot of Sakura trees to look at.

Your text: Sure. I can do that. Is it okay if I bring some food with me?

Chisato's text: Of course you can. I'm sure the others won't mind having a bit of variety.

Your text: Awesome! And do you think I can invite Reona to join us?

For some reason, it took Chisato a few minutes to respond. I thought it was odd because she had no problem responding right away before.

Chisato's text: I already tried to invite her, but she said that she is busy with RAS stuff.

Kind of odd that she didn't say to me about it. But oh well, if she is busy, then I shouldn't bother her.

Your text: Oh, she never told me she was going to be busy, but... okay then. What time are we meeting up?

Chisato's text: We're meeting up at noon, so make sure to show up, okay?

Your text: Don't worry, I promise to be there.

I guess I found the one thing I was going to do. After texting Chisato, I placed my phone in my pocket, and I went to the kitchen as I began to make my favorite snack to share with everyone. I just hope they like it.
______________________________________

That afternoon...

Location - The Park

I began to walk to the park with the snacks I made for everyone. They were really just sandwiches, but I provided a little twist to them that I think everyone is going to love. As I arrived at the park, I spotted Pastel*Palettes right by a big Sakura trees.

"There he is!" Aya grinned. "Hey! (Y/N)!"

I made my way over to them.

"Hi everyone, nice to see you all again." I said with a smile.

"Is that the snacks you made?" Hina asked as she pointed to my bag.

"Oh yeah, it is."

Hina grew excited knowing this.

"That looks boppin'! I want to eat them now! Can I? Can I?" She asked.

"Hina-chan, settle down before you make my- I mean, our friend uncomfortable." Chisato said, telling her off.

"It's fine, Chisato. I'm starting to get excited with what everyone else made, so how about we start eating?" I suggested.

"Count me in." Maya said.

"Same here. I can't wait to try out your food, (Y/N)-kun." Eve said.

Chisato laid out a big enough blanket for all of us to sit on. We removed our shoes, sat down and placed our food in the middle of the blanket. We even had paper plates, cups and apple juice to drink out of.

"Wow... all of this food looks so good." Aya said.

"Now Aya-chan, make sure not to eat too much, otherwise you won't be able to fit into your stage outfit." Chisato warned.

"*gulp* I promise I won't." Aya said.

We began to grab the same amount of food and received the same amount of juice. After giving our thanks, we began eating. First, everyone tried the sandwiches I made, and I felt like my heart was going to melt when I saw Chisato's face.

"Wow... (Y/N)-kun, this is the best sandwich I ever had." She said.

"Thanks, Chisato. I'm glad you liked it." I said.

"What about the rest of you? What do you think?" I asked.

"This is so good!" Aya said.

"This sandwich is so Boppin'!" Hina said.

"I could have another one if there was more." Maya said.

"I agree with Chisato-san, this really is the best sandwich I ever had." Eve said.

"Thanks everyone. It makes me happy knowing that you all gave me your positive feedback." I smiled.
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Shirasagi Residence

The picnic I had with Pastel*Palettes today was a lot of fun. We ate all of the food we had, and I got to know them better than last time. I was a bit upset that Reona was unable to join us, but I can't wait to tell her everything that happened.

After the picnic ended, we began to pack up and head home. However, Chisato asked me to walk her back to her house, so she could spend more time with me. As we made it to her house, she made a sad face.

"Too bad today had to end so soon." She began.

"Yeah, it is. But hey, at least I had fun being around you and everyone else." I smiled.

Chisato smiled a bit.

"You're right, and if it's okay with you..." She started, but stopped talking.

"What is?" I asked.

Chisato started blushing and looked down in embarrassment. Her silence was starting to make me a bit nervous. But then, it looked like she found her words and spoke up again, only it was something I didn't expect.

"I was thinking... if you wanted to go on a date with me?" She asked.

Wait, what?! She wants me to go on a date with her?!

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 5 and I hoped you guys liked it. Coming up next is the date chapter. Where will they go? Will it go well? Only one way to find out.

See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)