Prologue - The Five Idols

Location - Fukuhara Private School

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I am a third year high school student trying to get through life. I will explain some stuff about myself. I go to an awesome private high school called Fukuhara. At first, when my mom made me go there, I wasn't exactly happy, but after attending classes for the first few weeks, I got used to coming here, and I couldn't imagine going to any other school.

Do I have any hobbies? Yes, I do. I have a few hobbies, but there was one hobby I enjoyed the most, and that was writing. More specifically, writing romance stories. I do enjoy writing them, and everytime I do, it makes me think about getting a girlfriend of my own. But I doubt it'll happen since none of the girls at my school aren't interested in talking to me.

And finally, I have the best childhood friend I could ask for. Her name is Nyubara Reona. Some of you might recognize her as Pareo from Raise A Suilen, but I don't call by that name. She and I go to different schools, but that didn't stop us from being friends. She really is the best. Whenever people start to doubt me, she would find time to cheer me up.

And little did I know, that a small action Reona did... was the beginning of something big. It all started when I was done with school for the day and I was leaving the campus, eager to get home and start writing. Waiting for me by the entrance was Reona, who just got out of school herself.

"Hi (Y/N)-kun, how was school?" Reona asked me as she gave me a smile.

"It was a pain, but at least I was able to get through the day." I replied.

"Oh, you poor thing." Reona said with a sad expression. "What happened?"

"Those classmates of mine were at it again, saying that I can never be a real writer." I said and sighed. This happens all the time, and you thought they would've moved on by now. 

"Oh, you shouldn't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about!" Reona pouted.

"I know I shouldn't, but it's hard to do that when they keep bothering me at every chance they got." I told her as we began to walk home.

"Well, if you ask me, I think you're an incredible writer, and I think you do have what it takes if you believe in yourself." Reona said.

That made me feel better, but it would be nice if someone else supported me as well. While walking with Reona some more, we changed the subject so I don't have to be doom and gloom around my best friend.

"By the way, doesn't RAS have band rehearsals to attend to?" I asked.

"Oh, no, not today. Everyone is busy taking care of other stuff." Reona replied.

"Oh, I see." I said. I guess that can't be helped.

"Speaking of, there is a show that I want to go to this weekend, but I don't want to go there alone." She said.

"Okay... where are you going with this?" I asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" She asked.

"Are you sure you want me to go with you?" I asked. If I were to go, I would most likely fall asleep.

"Yes, I do. If I go by myself, I might faint, and only you can revive me." Reona said.

Well, I guess she is not wrong about that. I might as well tag along with her just to see what I am in for.

"Well, okay, I'll come with you." I said with a small smile.

"Really? Thanks (Y/N)-kun! You're the best!" Reona said and she hugged me really tight.

"N-No problem." I barely replied.

Reona stopped hugging me for a while as we continued to head home.

"So, what band are we going to see this weekend?" I asked.

"We're going to see Pastel*Palettes this weekend. And when this is done, you might appreciate them as much as I do." Reona said.

Pastel*Palettes... that's the name of the band Reona is obsessed with. Every chance she gets, she would talk about it like she was a member herself. Of course, I don't know anything about Pastel*Palettes, but now that I am going to their, I might as well as do some research on them.
______________________________________

Evening...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

When I came home, I was alone, as expected. Before my high school year started, my parents and I got into an argument about me wanting to be a doctor and work in the medical field like them. Because of that, I left their house to fend for myself. I was doing good for myself, though. I was able to get a part-time job, and I was able to afford my own house. I'll talk about that next time, though.

It began to rain outside as soon as it got dark. Once I got to my room, I began to do my research on Pastel*Palettes, since I don't know anything about them.

"Ah, here they are." I said once the search results came in.

The first thing I did was looked up the names of the members and their backgrounds. All the members have interesting background, but there was one member that got my attention the most; Shirasagi Chisato. She was amazing, knowing that she is a bassist, as well as being a child actress. It would be fun to talk to her, but considering how popular she is, I doubt it'll actually happen.

Then something else caught my attention, a video of Pastel*Palettes' debut show. I started watching it, and they sang a song called Shuwarin☆Drea~min. At first, I began to enjoy myself, but then, the song stopped, and everyone realize that they were lip-syncing and faked playing their instruments. I can tell that the people who were there in person was not happy about that, but thankfully... someone stepped in.

"Everyone, we must apologize. We had some technical difficulties. However, we plan to do more shows in the future, so please show your support to Pastel*Palettes."

It was Chisato saying those words, and it looked like from that moment onwards, it looked like the girls began to take things more seriously, and I give them points for that.

"I guess I can see why Reona likes them so much." I said to myself. Maybe this weekend won't be so bad after all.

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to An Actress In Love, the next book. This is the book you'll be seeing on Tuesday, even though I am publishing it today. I don't normally do this, but it's probably because I wanted to publish one last new book before 2021 ends. That might be it. But anyway, thank you guys for reading the prologue, and I hoped you liked it. See you in the next chapter and have a good one.