Can we make it

I was so scared for this week to come up

I was so scared for this week to come up... don't get me wrong I love Quadir with all my heart and I can't wait to marry him! It's just our families don't technically get along. It's always my mama and his mama down each other's throats and it just messes things up , everytime. I know Q was probably thinking the same thing but he's been so busy the last few days we haven't even had time to talk and connect about this. I just wanted my man to let me know everything would be okay. I was more anxious cause we would be on my parents estate , we would be staying in a house over from them and so would his parents but we would all be doing everything together in the main home where my mother and father reside.

I was finishing up work when Q was calling me , I decided to answer of course.

"hello?" I say answering.

"Where you at baby ?" He says , his voice was one of my favorite things about him. I loved the sound of it.

"The hospital , just got in the locker rooms." I say opening my locker and taking off my scrubs throwing on a Nike tech track suit , socks and slides. "How was your day.." he was alive so that was good.

"It was smooth.." he said taking a pause for a brief moment as I started collecting my things and walking towards the door. "Where yo head at baby?" He asks. He always knew.

"How are we gonna get through this? Our families hate each other.. I love you so much but I told you we should've just got married at a stupid church in Vegas." I say whining , I was walking to the doors where my car was parked.
"Bye Heather , See you guys soon!" I say smiling as she returns the favor and wishing me a great wedding.

" Mila.. I love you and if you love me as much as I love you what they say shouldn't mean shit. Your parents don't like me cause of what I do but I'm making just as much if not more than them , it may not be how they do it but I'm doing it! I can take care of us! And who's to say I'm not out.." he says.

"What do you mean out Q ? Don't play with me right now!" I say getting in my car.

"My last drop was today." He says sighing

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask just sitting there.

"Just come home baby , we can talk when you get here" he says hanging up.

My drive was a good 35 minutes due to traffic. I parked my car right next to his and got out walking to the front door of our house. I could hear music in his office so I went upstairs to change into one of his shirts and headed back down.

Opening his door I seen a bottle of whiskey and glass as he leaned his head back in only grey sweats.

"Come here" he says lifting his head up. I walk infront of his chair and sat on his desk. He pulls his chair closer to me wrapping his hands around my waist.

"I didn't want you to run and tell your family. I didn't want them to look at me different all of a sudden cause I wasn't a street nigga. I was born in this shit Ma , you know this. I gave up the streets because I want a family with you. You can't do that on these streets , you playing with your loved ones if you think you finna run this shit and still play family man. I did this shit for us and I don't care if they believe that or not." He says looking at me.