bob x gn! reader

!!REQUEST!!
childhood friends angst hehe
reader will be gender neutral (they/them) etc
they haven't seen eachother since bob went to jail so that's a bit of context!!
Longer story because I feel bad for all my short stories! :)
Also y/n works for the police force <3
TWS: mentions of murd3r, de@th, cann1b@lism, kn1fes, d1smemb3rment, cigar3tte use, etc..

- y/n pov  -

I picked up the news paper, reading over it carefully. "the devil has come out.." I mumbled. "yeah, apparently that nut job bob Velseb broke out of prison and is murdering and dismembering people.." John grunted. I rolled my eyes. "how lovely.." I said sarcastically.

his phone rung and he sighed before picking it up. a few moments later he hung up and looked at me and Jack. "it's the mayor, he needs us at his office." I raised an eyebrow.

- at the office -

The mayor let out a sarcastic laugh. "what have you BEEN DOING?!?" he yelled. I rolled my eyes. "you know three officers can't deal with the en-" "MORE EXCUSES!!" he interrupted and groaned. he clicked his phone "you can let her in." he said before patty walked into the office. "hi, uh.. what do you need me for major?" "can you inform them what's been going on with this guy?" he smiled. patty walked up closer, explaining all about the killings bob has been doing.

"good job guys.. keep up the good work." patty says in an obvious sarcastic tone. "is that sarcasm?" Jack asked, I giggled to myself and both John and patty raise an eyebrow. "what?" the major sighs before standing from his chair, "every Halloween he kills more people." "It's hard to know what is real, and what is not." my eyes widened slightly at the serious tone. "no one knows if someone got killed or if it's just a show." he says before spinning back around to us.

"IF YOU CANT CATCH HIM TONIGHT, YOU WILL BE REPLACED BY THEM!" he shouts before pointing to the two people behind us, I look back and give a short wave, then look back to the mayor. "look mayor, there's something going around in this town, there's a cult going around an-" "blah blah blah blah, I don't care about your imaginary cult John." "THEY BURNED DOWN MY HOUSE?!" "YOUR HOUSE IS A FIRE HAZARD!!" I rolled my eyes for the 30th time at they're antics. "YOU ALWAYS LEAVE THE COFFE MAKER ON!!!" he sighed. "I want you three, to solve this tonight. Now leave! Get out of my sight!" he barked. I sighed, following Jack and John out of the door.

We got into the car and I jumped into the backseat, pulling out my phone. "What are we gonna do now?" Jack sighs, while John lights a cigarette. "we gotta focus on bob before more bodies turn up."

- johns house -

I lazily sat on a chair in johns office, watching as they discussed the case and made marks on a whiteboard infront of them. I sighed, how utterly boring. I thought, before pulling out my wallet and checking how much money I had, but I noticed something.

I got up and walked in the middle on them, placing a photo on the board, it was an old photo from my wallet but the man in the picture looked.. "where did you get that?" John inquired. I shrugged "it was in my wallet I've had it for years." we all agreed the man in the picture definitely resembled bob. "did you know him?" Jack asked, I scratch my head, trying to jog my memory of the man.

bob velseb.

- flashback -

I walked into the dinner, sitting right at the front counter as per usual. "it's great to see you again y/n." bob smiled at me, I giggled.
sure the food was good, but the only reason I really came was to see his dumb smile. "the usual?" I nodded, and he walked off to go prepare it. I kicked my feet thinking about him, he was tall, with shaggy black hair and a permanent smile. Your friends thought he was pretty creepy, but you just thought he was just a silly little man!!

"here you go." he said, handing you a plate with your burger, you smiled, just about to take a bite when.. you looked to the table in the distance, seeing them pick at they're food in disgust, holding a hand on they're mouths to try hide the terrible smell from they're noses. I frowned, what was so wrong with this places food? I wondered, looking back at mine, it was very bloody, but I always just assumed it was just juicy.

the people got up and left, not touching they're food. I sighed, suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. "is something wrong?" Bob frowns at me, I sigh, "sorry bob I just don't feel too well today.." you say, placing a 5 dollar bill on the counter and getting up. "oh alright, feel better soon y/n!" he says sweetly, I give him a soft smile before walking out the shop.

a week later the place was closed down for supposed human meat being found in they're burgers. Hearing the news made me want to throw up my enter life's worth of food. I used to eat there every week, I was.. I was eating people..

- end of flashback -

"yeah.." I sighed, they both raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to explain. "he was my.. friend, and he used to work at a dinner I loved." I frowned thinking about it. Jack pat my back and smiled, "it's okay! It's in the past now." I couldn't help but smile at his attempt to cheer me up.

"I think im going to go out to patrol." I mumbled, grabbing my keys and heading to the door "be safe!" John said. I walked out the door and over to the car, unlocking it and getting in too drive.

- like a few hours of driving later -

I drived up to a parking lot, parking my car and getting out and walking up to the candy club.
I guess it wasn't the best time to want candy. I walked through the door only to be met by a big red guy standing in my way, I carefully walked around him, thinking he was just another costumer. until I heard the shrieking of a knife hitting a sharpener. I slowly turned to see.. the devil staring down at me. I gulped, looking over to see nobody standing by the counter, you looked back at him, he was now raising a knife above him.

you looked around, trying to find an escape before fate had other plans. you see his eyes go wide before rushing out towards the bathroom across the street. You laughed to yourself, taking this chance to run out of the store, "I mean if the man's gotta pee he gotta pee" I muttered to myself giggling at how stupid the situation was. I ran down the street before running out of breathe.

- time skip after hatzgang encounter -

I sat on a bench, scrolling through my phone before a shadow covered my moonlight, at first I thought it was just really late, until I looked up and saw him. I shivered, backing myself up in the chair, "w-what are you doing bob.." I asked, hoping he had remembered me. "did you know it takes 87 pounds of force to rip somebody's arm off.." he smiled, I guess he didn't remember. I felt tears stream down my eyes, was I really about to die to the person I looked up too most. he laughed at this, almost like he was enjoying it.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and it wasn't just my heart getting shattered, it was a blade.
My eyes flickered, feeling my consciousness drift into nothingness, I hoped it was all just a nightmare. but it didn't seem that way.

- bob pov -

I laughed as they felt into a deep sleep that is forever. I rumeged through they're pockets, till I found a wallet. I opened it, grabbing out the money before spotting something in the corner of my eye, a photo.

there stood y/n, hugging my side and smiling at me. I felt my life flash before my eyes remembered all the good times I had with them. I look over at the body, then back at the picture. I felt my heart shatter as I came to the realisation.

I just killed them. The only one who ever believed in me, who ever thought I was something more, that I had patential. I killed my y/n.

I dropped to my knees, shaking in fear, examining the blood gushing out of them I covered my mouth in horror. I did this. I did this to them. I felt hot tears stream down my face, ruining my face paint, but I didn't care. I grabbed there hand in mine and put it up to my forehead. "y/n.." I shakely whispered. i couldn't get my words out. like my voice had been stolen. "I'm sorry." I cried, shutting my eyes and letting myself process what I had done. I was so caught up in the adrenaline rush I didn't stop to realise. I looked up at them, feeling they're heart beat come to a stop.

I hugged them, i didn't care about being drenched in blood. I just wished I could undo my actions. I felt tears swarm my vision. I felt sick to my stomach with myself.

"I'm sorry."

-A/N
Lol bob 1 Y/n 0 😹😹 /j
Hope you enjoyed that sweeties <3
Goodnight!!