ross x GN! reader

Reader will be gender neutral (they/them) etc
Childhood friend story!
I can't get enough of this ":<" guy, im sorry it's a hyperfixation 😭
The start sounds like a classic Roy x reader but bare with me..
TWS; SW3ARING
"that beanie.."

-PAST-
- I want you to have this. - y/n

- a beanie..? - ross

- its not just a beanie!! it's my special beanie! it has magical powers!! *jazz hands* - y/n

- *giggles* - ross

- I'll miss you. - ross

-PRESENT-
- y/n pov-

" mooooommmm.. seriously?! you know I hate this town. " I groaned "oh sweetie! it'll grow on you just give it some time!" my mother answered with a wide grin on her face.
I sighed, walking upstairs to my old room, ahhh.. smells like.. bubble gum? I looked to my left to see a small scented tree, you know, the little things you would hang in ur car to make it smell better. I grabbed it and smiled, I remember getting this and amazing all my friends with how good my room smelt!

I collapsed on my bed, still feels like home. I couldn't help but find myself drifting asleep after that long 5 hour drive.

- next morning-

I woke up to a loud knock, but it wasn't coming from my rooms door.

I slipped on some clothes, then combed my hair and ran downstairs to see a posh looking lady and her.. uhh.. son? It didn't look like it though. She was wearing jewellery and a shiny dress whereas he was just wearing a plain old sweater and cap. I looked at him then to my mom, "who are these people?.." I whispered, "oh! These are our new neighbours sweetie! They have come to say hello." she sweetly, I looked over at the last again, "I'm y/n it's nice to meet you!" I said, giving a kind smile. She just smiled back at me and continued small talking my mom. I sighed, about to walk away when I notice the boy staring at me. I look over to him, waiting for him to speak up, but it never happens.

I decide to break the silence. "so, what's ur name.." I said, curiosity peaking in my voice. he just stares, dumbfounded that I actually talked it seemed, i raised an eyebrow. "It's Roy." He says, straightening himself up. I look up at his mom, then back at him. I move closer to him, seeing his face turn a pinkish color. I whisper, "your adopted." I try to hold my laugh but fail, and burst out laughing seeing his angry face. "HEY!! AM NOT!!" he yells back at me, clenching his fists, his mom looks at him. "Reynold! don't yell at our new neighbours that is very impolite!" I look at him again, still laughing my ass off. He just grunts. "I'm sorry. We best be leaving now. Enjoy your time here bye!" His mom says, turning the other way dragging him by her side. He gives me a death glare before walking down the street.

- time skip -

I walk into the candy club, just about to walk up to the counter when I get pulled back. "YOU AGAIN!!" I hear a familiar voice say, I turned around to see the neighbour boy.. what was his name? joy? doy? "uhh.. what was ur name again?" he gave me an angry look. I giggled and noticed two boys standing behind him, one tall and blonde the other shorter with black hair and.. a gray beanie. I stared for a second, ignoring all the stuff the boy was shouting about. I walked up to the beanie boy, extending a hand, "y/n. and you?" he looked at me in the eyes, as if he was searching for something. he took my hand, "ross, nice to meet you." he said in a monotone voice. "HEY!! QUIT TALKING TO MY FRIENDS AND IGNORING ME!!" Roy shouted, I turned to him. "ah so ur an attention hog huh?~" I said, moving closer, but I swear in the corner of my eye I could see Ross, frowning slightly. "N-NO YOU STOP THAT LOSRR!!" he said, backing away awkwardly. "haha I'm just joking man, " I said, smiling. he sighed.

- later that night -

I sat next to a tree near a graveyard, reading Wattpad and giggling to myself. I always wished I had what y/n had. "hey." I heard a monotone voice say. I looked up, it was Ross. "oh hey, what are you doing here this late?" he sat next to me. "just, thought I'd come by." he said. we sat in comfortable silence for a while, until I spoke up. "where'd u get that beanie from?" I said, pointing at his gray beanie. He took it off, looking at it for a second before saying. "well. my best friend and crush as a kid moved away and left me this beanie.." he put it back on, "so ever since then I've always kept it as a lucky charm." he smiled, remembering the good times he had with that person. "does it have magical powers..?" I spoke. He looked at me, seemingly remembering something. he smiled wide at me, and giggled.

he handed the beanie back to them

" I want you to have this. " ross

" *giggles* " - y/n

-A/N
guess who's done ANOTHER chapter , ME hehjekajsjskaj