Chapter 43

Timeskip.

7 months later.

Unexpectedly, Alisa had given birth to twin boys and luckily the mother and the sons were healthy. The sound of small babies crying all over the place as the maids and nannies were busy watching over them. The boys were quite loud.

Mikhael chuckled as he listened to the crying with the maids going wild on looking after the children meanwhile his hand wiped Alisa's body up and down. He bathed her a moment ago and right at the moment, his tired wife had fallen asleep while he was wiping her clean.

"Alisa, let's eat something before going to sleep, hmm?"

He whispered into her ear after putting the nightgown on.

"Mm…?"

"Let's eat something first so you won't be tired, okay?"

"I'm sleepy…"

She mumbled under her breath. When he lifted her up, her body was all soft as she barely got energy. Mikhael put her to the large bed as gently as possible.

"What should we do? You will always be tired if you don't eat."

"Let's eat tomorrow.. I'm so sleepy. I can't even open my eyes… Do you see?"

She lifted his hand to touch her closed eyelids while pouting sleepily as if she was about to cry and it was effective because the man's nervous system had been wrecked by it. Mikhael sighed before he replied.

"Yes, yes… sleep now. Let's eat tomorrow."

"Mm-hm.."

He kissed her hair and patted her back, giving her security and caress the way a woman who had just given birth wanted to feel. It would help her sleep even better.

"Let's not have another kid."

He said to himself when the pictures of how tired and painful she was feeling during childbirth rolled on his mind. He'd be happy if they get another one but happier if she didn't face hardship so much. As he thought so, he dropped his head next to hers and pulled the woman closer.

~

Rowena was brought to the southern empire since she was all alone from the execution of her family. Henry banished the harem as what he had planned in mind even though the relationship between him and the former princess was yet to reach any developments. Rowena had given birth before Alisa did a few months. The baby was a girl that looked basically like a copy of her mother and she was healthy too. The problem was that no matter what he did, Rowena barely paid attention to it. She followed his words obediently. She would eat if he told her to, she would do literally anything without a word and that was like torment for the man. It'd be better if she just told him to get himself beaten or cursed him.

The sleeping man turned himself around, intended to hug the body next to him but when his hand felt nothing more than the bedsheet, he woke up in an instant. Henry felt anxiety hit him in the head as he tried to look for her in panic.

"Rowena??"

When his eyes fell on a body on the couch, he rushed off the bed. She came to sleep on the cold couch instead of the large bed they were supposed to share. He knew himself that everything that happened between them was hard to fix but still he wanted to do so. He wanted the mother of his daughter. Kneeling on the floor, he ruffled her blonde hair. She slept like this without even a blanket on. When he was about to lift her up, the woman opened her eyes slowly.

"I didn't mean to disturb your sleep. You can sleep more. I'm just getting you back to bed since it's cold out here. You'll catch a cold."

Rowena brushed his hand off from her shoulder lightly and responded.

"I can walk by myself, your majesty."

"Is it uncomfortable to share a room with me?"

She stopped her action from getting up and made eye contact with him.

"Am I not obedient enough?"

Her question shoved back what he had said into his mouth. Henry felt his heart thumping uncomfortably at the feeling of eating his own medicine. He was the one to treat her badly and told her to be obedient.

"I lied. During all these times, I didn't really want to dominate you.. I just… I'm sorry. I shouldn't have believed all the rumours I got from people. You were actually abusive but there was the influence from people around you to all these behaviours. I didn't know anything. I wasn't aware. I hurt you.. the aggressive behaviour towards you before.. What can I do to make up for it?"

Looking deep into her eyes, the man was sincere. The guilt ate him up. If only he could turn back time, he wouldn't act so stupid. He had always followed his head better than his feelings and heart. For the first time he let his feelings led the way and he fucked up real hard. Even if she didn't really care about how he treated her up until now, he humiliated her so badly.. the rough sex pushing her to her limit.. the words he used, the humiliation he threw her into in front of random men.. he wanted to swallow it all back.

He could be a good man to anyone but this woman. After all, nothing would change the fact that he shoved his cruelty in her mouth by sex. She was in pain real bad. Recalling the crying she had made him suffocate. It did please him before. Right at the moment, all those things shoved itself back into his stomach.

"I am aware of my actions towards you. I knew what I was doing. I was aware that I let my feelings lead the way when I was dealing with you before. I was wrong. I wanted to take myself accountable for what I did to you but you refused to even listen. I wish you would just tell me what I should do for my punishment."

°°°

It will end soon enough.. perhaps around 2 or 3 chapters maybe 😁

Rowena's flashback, I'm still thinking of putting it or cut it out since it wouldn't make a difference if it was shown.
It was just to show her perspective. it's not that necessary to the story but I think I'll add it to confirm her views of her past with Mikhael of to why she kept holding on to him 😁

Again, the book will end in a few chapters!
🐑🐑