25

They woke up early on Christmas morning.
"Merry Christmas." Louis mumbled and nuzzled Harry's neck.

"Merry Christmas. Do you feel like 21 now?" Harry asked.

Louis laughed softly.
"Not really."

Harry didn't make an attempt to move away. Having Louis spooning him was way too cozy. He could get used to it. He shouldn't be thinking that. Soon they would be free of the handcuff and everything would get back to normal. He got a lump in his throat.
"We'll get rid of the cuffs soon." He said, to see what Louis would say about it.

"Yeah, I will enjoy taking a shit by myself." Louis chuckled.

Of course. Harry had hoped that Louis would say something that would indicate some kind of deeper feelings toward him, but here he was talking about pooping.
"Me too."

They headed to the bathroom and brushed their teeth before they stepped into the shower. As soon as the water came pouring over their heads Louis connected their lips. Harry knew that he should stop doing this but everything about Louis made him weak in the knees and he just wanted to feel his mouth on his, his body pressed against his and his hands over his body.

They helped each other get off and then they washed their hair and got out of the shower. Louis was smiling brightly.
"Best way to start the day."

Now Harry just felt cheap. He tried to laugh. It sounded fake and Louis noticed. He just gave him a look but he didn't comment on it.

They got dressed and joined Louis' family downstairs for breakfast. Everyone was excited about Christmas and it rubbed off. Harry decided to leave his problematic feelings for Louis behind for the day and focus on the holiday. Easier said than done. Louis was right beside him, smiling, touching his knee under the table.

When Harry's family arrive at noon he finally got other things on his mind. He hugged his grandparents. He hadn't seen them in so long. They were getting older.

Louis' grandparents arrived as well and he greeted them too. They had to explain the handcuffs to the older generation. It was a bit embarrassing but their grandparents just laughed.

Christmas was wonderful. The food was great and so was the company. Harry looked around at everyone and they seemed to enjoy it. They were all talking and laughing. He looked at Louis just to find him already staring at him with a dreamy look on his face.
"What?"

Louis jumped.
"Nothing."

"You're staring at me. Do I have something on my face?" Harry asked and started to rub it.

Louis giggled and reach out his hand to remove Harry's.
"No, stop it. Your face is perfect."

Was that compliment? Harry wasn't sure but he blushed anyway. Louis looked happy. He was all smiley and pinched Harry's cheek teasingly.
"I think I need to compliment you more often. You're adorable when you blush." Louis said in a low voice so the rest of the table wouldn't hear.

That sounded a lot like flirting. Harry gazed into Louis' eyes to try to find an answer. Louis just smiled at him and looked away, turning his head to the side. Was he blushing? Harry was so confused. Louis acted strangely. As if... No, that couldn't be.

They gathered in the living room when they had finished the meal. Robin "went out to buy the paper" and ten minutes later Santa knocked on the door. Even if there wasn't anyone young enough to still believe in Santa they kept up with tradition.

Robin had a hard time breathing behind the mask and he was huffing and puffing. Anne got worried and made sure that he was alright and Robin assured her that he was. Harry glanced at Louis and saw that he was trying to keep it together. They both burst out laughing. Louis leaned in to whisper in Harry's ear.
"Santa sounds like a perv."