5

After bickering about who should drive they agreed that Harry should be behind the wheel since his left hand was linked to Louis' right hand and that would be safer.
"I don't think a policeman would agree about it being safe. Niall will have to bail us out of jail if we get pulled over." Louis said.

Just getting inside the car had been a problem. Limbs everywhere. Louis' ass in Harry's face. It had been messy even if Harry didn't complain over the view.
"Yeah, so how do you want to divide our break?" Harry asked while he kept his eyes on the road.

"I don't know. I would like to spend my birthday with my family if that's okay?" Louis said, surprisingly soft.

Harry gave him a quick glance.
"Of course. That's not even up for debate. How about Christmas?"

Louis just shrugged. Harry knew him better than that.
"Crazy idea, how about asking our families if they can consider spending Christmas together? And if they don't want that we'll spend half of it at your house and then we drive to my house?" Harry suggested.

Louis seemed more excited.
"Yeah, alright, and the rest of our holiday we just divide equally."

"It sounds like a plan." Harry smiled.

Louis turned on the radio and they sang along to Christmas songs until they reached Harry's family home. His mother Anne came running outside. It took them some time to get out of the car since Louis had to climb over into the driver's seat. Anne waited impatiently and hugged her son as soon as she could.
"My baby! It's been months!"

"Hi, mum. I've missed you too." Harry replied.

Anne let go of him and smiled at Louis and pulled him in as well.
"Hi, Louis. Welcome."

"I guess you've talked to Niall?" Harry asked and shook his arm attached to Louis', shaking his in the process.

"Oh, yes. You two have been giving them a hard time. Come on, let's get inside." Anne smiled.

She immediately put a kettle on the stove and Harry took a seat at the kitchen table with Louis next to him. He rubbed his wrist. The handcuff was getting to him, despite its pink fluffiness.

Anne put tea mugs in front of them.
"So tell me, sweetie, how have you been?"

Harry glanced at Louis. This wasn't the time to have a private conversation with his mum.
"Fine. How are things around here?"

He listened as his mother started to talk about everything that had been going on back home while she poured them some tea. Louis was involved in the conversation as well and Harry felt irritated. He wanted some alone time with his mother.
"So are you staying the night?" Anne asked and looked between them.

"Yeah. We're doing the Christmas baking tomorrow, right?" Harry asked.

"Of course." Anne smiled.

"I have to bake now?" Louis complained loudly.

"Oh, hush. You can just stand on the sideline and look pretty." Harry replied and blushed lightly. He could have phrased that differently.

"I always look pretty." Louis sassed.

Harry rolled his eyes at him.