epilogue

TIGHT arms compress Karson's body close to theirs which causes her to stir from a deep sleep

TIGHT arms compress Karson's body close to theirs which causes her to stir from a deep sleep. She turns her head slightly to grip Derek's chin with her fingers, gently caressing his scruff with the pad of her thumb and smiling at the peaceful expression on his sleeping face. She admires how young he looks when he is resting. Warmth fills her chest cavity as Karson reminisces about their time together last night. The ache between her legs intensifies as Karson swings one of them over Derek's torso to pull him closer. A light hum escapes Derek's mouth as he digs his fingernails into her body to hold her tighter. No longer having any sort of self-control, Karson grabs his face and connects their lips together.

Derek weaves his fingers through her hair to push her lips closer than possible against his own. Fireworks explode in Karson's stomach at the contact but she forces herself to pull away when her lungs scream for air.

"Good morning." Karson greets the man staring back at her. She releases Derek's face to pull the blanket covering her bare chest higher when a cold spot attacks her body, causing her to shiver ever so slightly.

"It is." Derek says, assisting Karson in wrapping the blanket firmly against her small figure. Karson allows him to sneak his arm behind her head to hold her and her cheek quickly finds refuge in the area of his collarbone. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm great." Karson smiles, pressing a kiss to his neck. "I wish we could stay like this forever."

"That could be arranged." Derek says, tugging the edges of his mouth upward. "Considering we have all the time in the world."

Karson feels Derek's member become hard as it presses against her opening eagerly. She digs her heel into his lower back to push him closer, earning a gasp from both of them. "I think someone's a little excited."

"How could I not be? I've got the most beautiful woman in my arms." Derek says.

"That was the cheesiest shit I've ever heard." Karson laughs, playfully ruffling his hair.

"I don't care, it's true." Derek replies, drawing small circles on Karson's low back with his index finger.

Karson kisses him again, sending shock waves of pleasure coursing through her body. Derek moans into the kiss and rolls over so that he is hovering over her. Karson feels the muscles in his back tense as she runs her hands up and down them. Wholeheartedly ready for another round of pleasure, Karson pulls him closer to her, almost connecting their bodies.

However, a loud ringtone erupts from Karson's bag near their makeshift bed on the Hale House living room floor. A groan fills Derek's throat as he removes his lips from hers to trail kisses down her neck and chest.

Still holding onto Derek, Karson extends one of her arms to rummage through her bag for the cell phone. A text message bubble pops up on her home screen, revealing a text from Scott.