9 part II

BLARING sirens erupt throughout the police station along with scattered emergency lights flashing on the upper walls

BLARING sirens erupt throughout the police station along with scattered emergency lights flashing on the upper walls. Karson's reflexes kick in and she covers her ears quickly from the loud noise. She glances over at Scott who is still clutching his wound and is sweating profusely. Making sure to be careful with her movements, Karson strides over to Scott to offer a supporting hand. He gladly accepts by swinging his arm over her shoulder. Matt begins to pace the room while swinging the gun around in his hand in panic.

"What is this? What is this?" Matt shouts, eyes shooting around the room for a sign as to what is happening. He approaches the two teens, flashing the gun their way. "What's happening? What's going on?"

"I don't know." Scott mutters, shaking his head and tightening his grip on Karson's shoulder. Bright lights temporarily blind Karson as they stream through the station's windows and she soon realizes that this is planned. Whatever this is.

Glass breaks as gunshots begin from outside of the station. The three take cover for protection and the firing of the guns makes the ringing in Karson's ears worse. Scott grabs Karson and pulls her down with him to hide under a desk while Matt is nowhere to be found. Once the firing ceases, multiple smoke bombs explode throughout the station which causes coughing to escape Karson's throat. Scott comforts her, rubbing her back but soon pulls her away from the smoke-infested room that they are in.

"C'mon, we gotta get Stiles and Derek." Scott grabs her hand to drag her through multiple doors of the station in order to reach their two friends, simultaneously taking Jackson out on the way. Karson notices two bodies motionless on the ground of the Sheriff's office and rushes to Derek's side. Scott grips his best friend's body who is still very much paralyzed.

"Take him! Go!" Derek shouts at Scott, struggling to get up off of the ground. Karson grabs his bicep and lower back to assist him up. Once he is fully on his feet, Derek grips Karson's forearms. "Go with Scott and get outta here."

"Like hell." Karson says, earning a groan from Derek.

"You need to get somewhere safe. This isn't your fight." Derek replies, genuine concern crossing his facial features.

"I don't care. I'm staying with you." Karson nips, tightening her hold on Derek's arm.

"Why are you so damn stubborn?" Derek shouts. Karson glares at him before crossing her arms across her chest. "Don't make me drag you out myself."

"Give it a shot. I doubt you'll be successful." Karson says, placing all of her body weight onto her hip as she stands her ground. Derek sighs loudly, swiping a hand through his hair. "Look, we can continue arguing or we can go and help stop Matt and Jackson. Your choice."

"If you get hurt.." Karson places a finger on Derek's lips to shush him, walking closer to lean her chest against his.

"I can handle myself."