7 part II

"What was that about?" STILES asks Karson as she approaches the Jeep

"Nothing. Just Derek being worried." She voices, shrugging her shoulders.

"Derek? Worried about someone other than himself? That's a first." Stiles sarcastically mutters, grabbing the mountain ash out of the trunk. The boy gestures in Scott's direction. "Here, help me with this."

"I can't. Remember, Deaton said you guys have to do it alone..." Scott responds. Karson pushes Scott out of the way to assist Stiles with the heavy bag of mountain ash.

"Okay, this plan is really starting to suck." Stiles says, causing a chuckle to escape Karson's mouth.

"No." Scott says, his body going stiff as he furrows his eyebrows. Karson follows his gaze to the entrance of the warehouse, confused. She glances at the werewolf just before he bolts for the warehouse. "Not here. Not now!"

"Wha-Scott!" Stiles and Karson mutter in unison.

"This plan officially sucks." Stiles yells, throwing the bag to the ground in frustration.

"Could be worse." Karson says.

"How?"

"I'll get back to you on that." Karson replies, before handing Stiles the bag he tossed to the ground. "C'mon. We got work to do."

Twenty minutes later, give or take, the two have sprinkled mountain ash along the perimeter of the warehouse. The black crystallized material was smooth in Karson's hands as she placed it on the ground. Deaton said that it was quite powerful against any supernatural creature, but Karson was a tad bit skeptical. He explained that Stiles and she must believe in the powers the mountain ash possesses in order for it to work.

"So what is this fairy dust supposed to do exactly?" Karson asks hands wrapped tightly in her jacket pockets, following closely behind Stiles as he continues to spread it on the ground.

"According to Deaton, it is a natural repellent against the supernatural. Whatever that means." Stiles answers.

Karson's eyes widen as the bag no longer sprinkles out the ash. Stiles grasps the tied end of the bag to pour whatever remnants out onto his hand. Despite getting more out of the bag, it is visibly not enough to complete the barrier. "Call Scott."

Stiles clumsily grips his phone that was lodged in the back pocket of his jeans. "Scott, pick up! Pick up now! Look, I got, like, fifty feet of ash left, and I'm out! Okay? So, you got to get your wolf-ass down here to help us, because I don't know what to do, and we're just standing out here, and we're hearing gunfire and werewolves, and we're and we're standing here like frickin' idiots with a handful of magic fairy dust, and we don't have enough, okay?"

Karson checks their surroundings as more gunshots echo around them while Stiles tosses his phone back into his pocket. A heavy sigh escapes Stiles' mouth in frustration.