7 part I

SLEEP didn't come easy to Karson the previous night

SLEEP didn't come easy to Karson the previous night. From the attack in the library to the moment she shared with Derek, it was safe to say Karson was on edge. She wasn't the only one, though. Erica was still pretty freaked out from her run-in with Jackson but thankfully she healed quickly from it. Karson filled Issac and Boyd in on the current events with Jackson. Derek and she have not talked about what happened since their steamy make-out session which she was glad about. Karson didn't know what it meant and she wasn't particularly sure if she wanted to know. Derek has always been hot and cold since meeting him but she never thought a connection would form between them. After checking on Erica to make sure she was recovering, Karson left to stay at Allison's house for the night. The Argent girl offered a place of haven with everything that has been going on, which Karson appreciates.

However, Karson tossed and turned all night enclosed in Allison's bedroom. She mentally cursed her mind for not being able to shut off. When dawn rolled around and Allison's alarm clock rang, a groan escaped the girl's throat.

"Good morning to you too." Allison muttered, throwing her comforter off of her and rubbing the sleep from her face. She peered down at the Lahey girl who camped out an air mattress on the floor. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Negative." Karson yawned, stretching her arms over her head. "But honestly, I can't remember the last time I got a decent night's sleep."

"Tell me about it. With everything happening, sleep is the last thing on my mind at times." Allison says.

"Have you heard anything from Scott or Stiles?" Karson asks, reeling her hands back to wrap her hair in a messy bun.

"Not much. I'm trying to avoid as much conversation over the phone with him. My parents would ream my ass." Allison replies, standing up from her seated position on her mattress. Karson watches her as she neatly makes her bed which makes her do the same to the air mattress. "How's Erica?"

"I'm surprised you are asking." Karson snorts, remembering how Allison knocked Erica on her ass at Scott's house the night they protected Lydia. And Erica wasn't exactly subtle with her flirtatious behavior towards Scott.

"Yeah well, as much as she deserves an arrow to her gut, she is not the enemy." Allison voices, rummaging through her closet for an outfit for the school day ahead of them.

"She's recovering. We have Derek to thank for that." Karson says, reaching into her bag for a change of clothes.

"If it wasn't for Derek, she wouldn't have even gone through that in the first place." Allison says. Karson could feel the irritation laced in her tone but chose to ignore it and deflect the conversation to avoid talking about Derek.

"Is Lydia still suspicious? You know, considering she knows about the creature that is the Kanima." Karson asks. Lydia might not know it is Jackson but the strawberry-blonde girl isn't dumb. She knows more than she might let on.