Chapter 18 I Will Wait for You (Goldie)

Start from the beginning

"Oh please. You all can't be serious." Vincent, who had been silent till now, scoffed from where he leaned against a booth. His arms crossed against his chest with his thin lips pressed tightly together.
"You can't? After everything that's happened, you have an opportunity to save her, and you just can't?"

Vincent seemed irritated, his eyes were narrowed in annoyance and his tone was sharp. It was almost as if he was bitter about something and taking it out upon the crew. Goldie stared back at him knowing full well what he was upset about, but said nothing. (This was a different situation.)

Everyone stared at Vincent all the same, unsure of how to respond to his sharp words. Shocked that he was even listening this entire time. Though the piercing gazes didn't phase him in the slightest as he released a heavy breath. (In a way that seemed as though he was  almost holding himself back.)

Goldie didn't say anything still, though the others half expected him to at this point. Since Vincent had decided to help them, goldie had done nothing but always buttheads with him. His anger clearly getting the better of him against this man. And it was clear this fact remained due to the way goldie and Vincent stared at one another. Each giving the other a look that screamed it would kill.

"That's right." Goldie finally spoke. A steady and calm nature found their way to his words.
"I can't be the one to save her."

It was quite again. No one could speak, no one could even believe that goldie had been so calm especially towards Vincent's behavior. Now the situation looked in the air once more. You're alone in there, barely holding on to life and everyone knew it. The idea that you were dying in the next room made everyone uneasy, worried about what to do for you.

"Fine." Vincent pushed himself to stand straight.
"Then what about me then? I've killed before, it should be no different. My hands are already covered in blood."

Chica gasped in shock at Vincent's proposal, eyes glancing back and forth as the others all did the same between the two men. No one could believe it, no one could comprehend that their mortal killer offered to help again.

Bonnie shoved his sleeves further up his elbow, looking as though he was ready to fight Vincent on this. Foxy and Chica kept close together, and Freddy made no effort to stop them all. Only waiting patiently for his brothers approval.

"Alright." Finally goldie had made his call. He knew that he couldn't be the one to stuff you. What else was there to say? What else could he do? Goldie couldn't keep the guise that he could save you himself for much longer, and deep down he felt he always knew he had to relinquish you to the man behind the slaughter.

"Yeah! Go away!- wait what?" Bonnie stopped midway through his sentence after goldie had given his okay. Arms raised to fight only to lower once the words fully processed inside his head. His eyes wide in shock as he looked between goldie and Freddy. Almost like he was asking the brown bear why his brother who's held this grudge for so long would just give in like this. No one expected it.
"Hey wait! We can't just let him go in there and do this. We can't let that happen to her! Right?"

Chica scooted closer to Bonnie twisting the edges of her skirt tightly between her fingers.

"Y-you mean?" She bit her lip, tears stinging her eyes as she gazed around at her friends.

"Im afraid this is Goldie's choice everyone." Freddy clasped his hands behind his back, eyes gazing around the room seeing the look upon all his friends faces at Goldie's decision. There wasn't much for him to say. Goldie knew that, as well as he also knew the look on his own brothers face. Disappointment and acceptance.
"If this is what he wants and wishes for (Y/N) then we should respect that. After all Vincent had proven himself an ally even now."