Forest of Death! Chunin Exams pt 2

It was roughly an hour before sun down when Sakichi came back to his senses. His body felt sore and his head was pounding, the boy sat up slowly. Hana and Daiki both laid beside him- still passed out. "Maya?-" Sakichi's voice came out weakly as he looked around the small area. 'She wouldn't have just abandoned us here.. would she?' He thought to himself and stood up slowly. The subtle sound of a stream soon caught his attention, Sakichi glancing over to a small opening in a herd of large bushes ; he pushed his way through them to see Maya on her knees in front of a river bank. "Oh you finally woke up..." Maya said nonchalantly as she glanced back to look at him. "Unfortunate." She stated. Sakichi subtly rolled his eyes at the girl's comment and walked over to sit a few feet beside her.

Sakichi cupped his hands into the water and splashed himself in the face. Pulling his shirt up, he wiped his face dry and gave a soft sigh. "So did you manage to get the Kunai?-" Sakichi questioned, glancing over at the girl. "Don't ask stupid questions, Senju." She answered in a bored expression, pulling the Kunai out from her ninja tool pouch. Sakichi felt a wave of relief come over him. "That's good... How long was I out for?" He thought out loud, his gaze landing on the soft rays of the sun that shined through the mirage of leaves above them. "2 hours? Maybe 2 and a half." Maya said after a moment of thought. "I only know the very basics of medical ninjustu. Healing small cuts and bruises seems to be the limit of my skills at the moment.." she admitted, her bright golden eyes glancing over towards the boy.

The soft noises of the rushing water before them almost grew louder as the two went silent for a few moments. Sakichi working out different scenarios in his head of how to handle their current situation and Maya sitting there enjoying the subtle sounds of the glistening water, having already thought through the situation. Finally Sakichi let out a sigh, "it seems camping out here for the night is the best option.." He stood to his feet, "Imma go see if there's any food nearby.."

"Already got some." Maya stated, pulling out a small bag of berries out from inside her shaw. "That was all I could find." She continued, her gaze never leaving the horizon before her. "That'll do. I'll start working on setting traps around the perimeter." Sakichi nodded in appreciation as he walked off, opening the bag and popping one of the blueberries into his mouth. 30 minutes had passed, the suns warm light subtly dissolving into the night. After confirming there were no chakras within 200 miles, Sakichi casually worked on setting a trap around the perimeter as he ate a blueberry every now and then.

Sakichi sat a few feet from Hana and Daiki who were still passed out. The boy leaned back against a tree, eating one last berry before closing the bag. With the soft russling of leaves, Maya stepped out into the small opening; glancing over to her right to see Sakichi rested against a tree. "You can get some sleep, if you'd like. I'll stay up and keep guard." The boy offered as Maya sat herself under a tree a few feet in front of him. "Tch- and I'm supposed to just trust you?" The girl mumbled under her breath with a slight roll of her eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" Sakichi responded, scrunching his right eyebrow a bit. "Don't play stupid. You're the whole reason the war between our villages broke out... The reason my father is dead." Her response came quickly as if she was already tired of the conversation, the girl relaxed back and rested against the truck of a tree. Sakichi sat quietly, the girl's words rambling in his head. The more he thought about it, the more he felt the girl was right. Sakichi and his father started the war. "Well do whatever you please. I'm going to stay awake either way." Sakichi finally responded, the boys tone was softer than usual. Maya soon passed out, leaving Sakichi alone to meditate for awhile

3 hours had passed when Hana would finally wake up, glancing over at Daiki unconscious beside her and the girl would flinch as the memories came rushing back to her. "Morning-" Sakichi's voice rang out softly, Hana's gaze snapping towards Sakichi. "M-morning.." she answered back sleepily and began to briefly examine Daiki for any wounds. "Here. Eat first and you can work on healing him. We need to start moving again soon." Sakichi stated, throwing the small bag of blueberries over to the girl. "Thanks-" she said softly, opening the bag and eating one of the berries.