Song of a Broken Soul

Start from the beginning

"Okay let's try a sentence. Do you want to go to the pasture tomorrow?" Eddy waited to see if this would get a reaction. But again, nothing happened. Brett furrowed his brows and shook his head.

"I don't know why I reacted to the one before, but not now?"

Maybe it was because it hit him unexpectedly or because of some other hidden meaning? He nibbled on his lower lip and his mind came up blank of other suggestions. He didn't know. Maybe because... Maybe that was it!

"Maybe... But that's just a theory right now, Eddy, but, maybe, maybe it's because we spoke about beings living in the pasture? And I worried how they were treated? Maybe it was ... because..." He fell silent, not knowing how to describe it. Maybe because of what he envisioned? Maybe because of other beings being exploited in a pasture? The faun didn't know.

"Well, whatever it was, it doesn't seem to hold me back now?"

"Maybe it's simply because you didn't expect it earlier, and now you do," Eddy suggested softly since he wasn't quite sure.

"That could also be a fact," Brett sighed. Why was this so complicated?! "Well, but yeah. Maybe drop it unexpectedly at some point during the next few days. I want to test that theory."

It was better to go deeper than to stop now. Stopping wouldn't bring him anything, only moving forward.

"Okay if you want that," Eddy didn't like the sound of trying to torment Brett, but he would do what was asked of him. Especially since it might help Brett. The faun was happy that his friend would help him even though it was clear Eddy didn't like the idea that much.

"Don't worry. I just want to try something. If I never know what it triggered, I might succumb to it again, you know? And Maybe not just one word but more and more until I am unable to do anything because everything will seem sharmful to me. I want to live free of all restraints the old master put on me. I don't want to cower in front of mere words. And for that I have to be strong. Well, stronger than now obviously. I want to grow. I want to withstand that. And if I only run away and hide, I will never accomplish anything."

Brett smiled and leaned against Eddy. He had a wonderful friend and lover at his side and for Eddy he should do his very best. Only then he was someone who was worthy.

"I know you will grow above it. You won't let him hold you back," Eddy reached over and ruffled Brett's hair.

Hearing that made Brett feel lighter. The soft touch was a wonderful addition to that feeling. And since they were back at their den's and no one was close by he could risk it, right?

"I love you Eddy," the faun whispered, "I can only do that because of you." And it was the truth. Without Eddy so many things would be different. So Brett was thankful for the encounter that brought them together. Starting with Ray and then Eddy napping at his usual spot. All was like it was fated to be.

"I am here to support you and stand by your side Brett," Eddy smiled gently at him. They were there for each other no matter what. If they were inside the safety of Eddy's den Brett would reward such cute stuff with a kiss. But now he couldn't. But he could rub his cheek against the arm and giggle, "I would kiss you for that. You are the most precious Eddy."

"We can kiss in the den," Eddy's tail waggled a bit, he loved kisses very much. They were so good!

"Yes, we can and we definitely will. But sadly now we are not in the den. But we have at least half an hour. I can put the pot farther away so I don't have to stir it. If you want to quickly hide in the den, that is." Was Brett too greedy? It was not untrue what he said, they indeed had time for a little quickie or just half an hour filled with kisses and hugs. But for that Eddy needed to be on board. Brett would not push for those things. But the faun knew both liked the kisses and hugs and the more intimate stuff they did.