Chapter 49

Third person POV:

Limped across the polished floor, only tainted by the dirt on his skin, Armen managed to open his eyes, his mouth parched and his heart racing he struggles to sit up. The surroundings confuse him, what's going to happen now? It's all different, all new. Unable to stand, he settles with leaning against a nearby pillar, this sudden movement alerts the other person in the room.

"Finally up? Took you long enough." That arrogant voice instinctively makes him grimace.

Light footsteps tap against the floor, the clicks of Ferox's heals cause his head to spin. Then another pair of steps, quiet but with malice intent Armen perks up too quickly. As his blurry eyes rest upon the second person he can't hide his shock.

"Drake?!" He mutters out.

Then he laughs. A laugh that poor boy has heard over and over again in his dreamless sleep.

"Get out of his body." He sourly mutters.

Walking into clear view, the tall hybrid's hair is messy, slightly burnt whilst relatively new lavender clothes and blue trousers flow seamlessly as he strides with a nasty grin on the stolen face. His left eye glows whilst the purple in his right is faded.

"Is that really how you greet an old friend?" That deep, bone shaking voice echoes around the halls.

"You are not-" He yells with new fury, preparing to stand but quickly retreating as he feels a pain surge throughout his body.

Ferox is gripping the necklace, "I'm still here!" He blurts out.

The two of them just stare at him, one with disgust and the other with aggravation.

"Anyway..." he mutters, "Aren't you surprised? Not even a little bit? I put soooo much work and time into this, yet this is the audience I'm getting. How sorrowful!" His sarcastic and dramatic demeanour doesn't get diminished by the hateful eyes glaring into his absent soul.

"It was perfect." Hero starts, turning away to start his hollow monologue, "That thing was weak from the get go. So keeping him at bay in that isolated room was no trouble. Even when he heard your screams he was helpless to do anything. He just hang there and listened. The perfect puppet." He quickly snaps back, "Unlike you and your hope-filled heart, his has been drained, so don't expect a successful rescue."

All those words, all those empty words. They hold such a painful meaning as Armen has to stop himself from crying, not wanting to feel weak his raging emotions and fears all turn into one thing; rage.

Slowly getting up, pushing through the pain Ferox pointlessly tries to deliver, he stands hands clenched and breath unstable he locks his eyes into the faded white that cloud the once vibrant purple and blue eyes.

"I'll kill you." He claims through gritted teeth.

Then he laughs.

His distorted and diminishing laugh makes Armen take a step forward.

"Oh you poor puppet-" before Armen could retaliate to that nickname Hero shushes him, "Even if you could touch me. You wouldn't harm your poor brother's body, even if you would, you can't get close."

The boy's cyan eyes flicker with hesitation as he feels his heart drop.

"All this aggression. All this back talk. A surprising amount of energy for someone who knows what happens next." His twisted words give the demon pride in his action, toying with these determined mortals is the only thing that keeps him from destroying this world.