Chapter 16

Armen's POV:

"And... there! Your wounds should be 'ealed." She says with that odd accent pushing through again.

I cautiously remove my bandages to reveal three scars laying upon my arm, no blood, just the remains of a stupid mistake. I cringe at the sight of it, this weirdo said she could heal me yet there's still this...

"Healing magic has it's limits." They speak, seemingly reading my mind, "I'm not the greatest healer in the world, if you want to get rid of those scars then learn to do so." Harsh

"Oh yeah!" They nearly yell, "You damaged your iris so things will be a bit... brighter? Yeah. So be careful of the sun." her tone is a mixture of excitement and wonder, this crazy maniac has been following me since the old house. I've not been hurt but it sure as hell is weird. 

Upon removing the bandage, I realise she's right. What seemed dim is now as bright as cursed fire. Squinting doesn't make it fade and closing my right eye only shoots pain into my head. Blinking a couple of times I'm able to adjust a bit, but the contrast in light doesn't seem to dull... I sigh in slight aggravation, I hope this doesn't complicate things in the future.
I wrap up the stray bloody bandages as I start to question things. The key thing being; why is she helping me? I have no clue of who they are yet they know me and refuses to tell me her name. She has some déjà vu around them but that alone won't help me figure it out. 

"Tell me your name." might as well go for it, again.

"No! Stop being lazy and figure it out yourself." She claims, flumping onto the bed.

I roll my eyes, they land on the scars plaguing my hand. Almost instinctively I rub it, maybe to get rid of it or maybe to calm it down. I don't care and instead I return my focus to tall freak swinging their legs around. Her clothes are way to small for her, they're frail and dirtied beyond recognition. Like Drake, she lacks shoes which could hide the scratches and clear sores littered on their long feet. Along their neck dangles an oval shaped necklace, almost like an eye. It's see through with a black frame, she catches my eye as I do my examination but I refuse to look away and instead glare her down. 

"Is this really the 'hanks I get?" They snarkily jests.

"Yes. I never asked for help. I don't know who you are, I don't know who you work for but whoever they are, I don't care and I wont owe them anything. So you can go away, stop helping me." I demand. It's mean but I'm still shaken from... yeah.

"Jackass. I don't care about your selfish wants, Who I work for don't matter and I will 'elp you." She claims, irritated. 

"Why? Why help me?" 

They looks away; her amber eyes show hesitation, "I made a promise... and... I intend to keep it..." she whispers to herself.

"To who?"

"..."

She avoids my gaze as I ask again, this time anger clouds my voice. I'm done with this quiet treatment.

"Look. Tell me who it is so I can tell them to fuck off! I don't need help, I don't need your help and you sure as hell don't need to be following me! I am sick of being told its nothing. I'm tired of you refusing to answer me. I'm done with everyone treating me like a child! I deserve to know." I try not to yell, afraid of the others hearing, but I make sure she knows I'm annoyed. 

My breathing is shallow as I stand there, waiting for an answer. It's quiet, all the noise if from outside. Their bland expression doesn't help, are they contemplating? Has she decided? Who are they? Hope picks up when her mouth moves.