15

This chapter is quite mature for the violence in it! Please proceed with caution

   Jongho's pov

  Sometime later during the night, I felt someone crawl into bed beside me. Their hands were familiar as they pulled me to their chest.

  "Love?" I asked, sleep making my voice sound lower and slurred. They caressed their fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead.

  "It's me, sweetheart. You can go back to sleep," Yeonjun responded. I shook my head but tugged myself further in the vampire's embrace.

  "I missed you," I mumbled. My eyes hadn't adjusted to the dim lights of the bedroom yet, but I knew it was my mate laying with me.

"I missed you," Yeonjun said.

"Are Yunie Hyung and Minnie Hyung okay?" I asked. Yeonjun stiffened up below me.

"We'll talk about them in the morning, sweetheart. Get some more rest,"

I sat upright quickly and rubbed my eyes. I turned on the bedside lamp and looked at my boyfriend.

"What happened to my friends?" I demanded to know.

"When we got there and found Mingi and Yunho... they were both chained to walls in a cellar. Mingi was compelled so completely that he- he didn't even know his own name anymore. Yunho had already been changed into a vampire, but he, thankfully, isn't bonded to Soobin.

"When Yeosang and San saw them both in shackles bounded to the walls like livestock.. it's safe to say Soobin is no longer in one piece. Seonghwa nor myself knew that Soobin held so many vampires and humans alike in sire bonds in that underground house.

  "All of those who were bound by Soobin are free again now that he is dead. Yunho is still a vampire, but Mingi is also still human. None of us five know why that is, though," Yeonjun explained.

  "Soobin is dead? Like, no resurrection dead-dead?" I asked. Yeonjun nodded.

  "I'm betting that whatever Yeosang Hyung and San Hyung did to him couldn't amount to what I'd have done. Where are they?" I asked.

  "Yeosang and San went-"

  "No, babe, where's Yunnie Hyung and Minnie Hyung?"

  "Mingi is in the hospital getting a blood transfusion, and Yunho is most likely with him and Hongjoong."

  "Get up, babe. We're going to see them," I said, standing up from the bed in Hongjoong's guest room. I tugged my sweats and hoodie back on as quickly as I could.

  "Baby, visiting hours are long past- it's past three in the-"

  "Compel people- do whatever, I don't care. I need to see them,"

   Third pov

  A newly changed Yunho snuck into Mingi's hospital room. The younger man laid on a bed, numerous machines attached to him, and needles in almost any major vein possible. A cast covered his right shin and bandages were tight around his chest.

When the five vampires found the pair, neither were themselves anymore. Yunho was vicious- his jaw snapping towards the five as he tugged on his chains anomalistically.

  Mingi was barely awake, only the chains on his wrists were keeping him standing. He didn't respond to anyone, verbally, nor physically, as the chains were snapped off of him. When Soobin was killed, Mingi had passed out into Wooyoung's embrace.

  Yunho dragged a chair closer to Mingi's bed and sat himself down. He held the younger man's hand in his and laid his face against his wrist.

"I'm sorry," Yunho apologized, tears racing down his cheeks, though what had happened wasn't his fault in the slightest.