Five

The next day

The wedding store in New York was something fancy.

It smelled and looked fancy. Maya sighed as her and her future mother-in-law sorted through the dresses.

"The wedding is in three weeks and these are way too expensive," Maya said as she sat down Ellie's car seat on the ground.

"I know. Why don't we look at party dresses? They're cheaper," Amy commented.

Maya agreed.

"Riles, I'm going to the back of the store!" Maya yelled into the changing room.

Topanga was helping Riley change into dresses; so far, nothing had struck her as something she'd want to wear.

Maya, Amy, and baby Ellie walked to the back of the store and sorted through cocktail and party dresses.

"Hey, I like this one!" Maya said as she held up a knee-length white dress with lace sleeves.

"It's pretty! Honey, I really like it," Amy said.

Maya looked at the price. "It's fifty dollars..."

Amy smiled. "Get whatever you like, honey. Now, let's go find some shoes."

Amy carried Ellie's car seat while Maya followed with the dress.

They found some white heels that matched and Maya went to try it on. Riley did the same.

"Oh, so pretty, both of you!" Topanga said as Riley and Maya came out of the dressing rooms at the same time.

Riley was loving the long, flowy purple dress. It suited her perfectly because purple was her favorite color.

"It's two hundred forty dollars, Mom," Riley said

"Well, that's okay! You only get married once!" She said.

After the girls changed out of the dresses and checked out, they headed home.

Topanga and Amy giggled happily as both girls came out of Riley's room at the Matthews' apartment, both wearing smiles.