Bonus Chapter 12.2: His One True Catch

Start from the beginning

He couldn't avert his gaze from her slender form, but she didn't even look his way as she sat right next to Justin, smiling at him in a way that made Aaron's heart clench.

"Got the snacks!" Avalon spoke cheerily, squeezing in next to her yet he couldn't focua on her at all. He could only stare at Lexi.

And the very next hour passed just like that: the movie playing as background noise to his thoughts as he spared her tepid gazes yet she was none the wiser. She kept her gaze on the TV with a focus that made him smile. How could she be so cute with even the smallest things?

That smile soon disappeared as he watched her turn to Justin who was on his phone.

"Bored, are we?" She teased, nudging him with her arm like she often did to Aaron when she teased him. It stung him to watch it rather than experience it.

Justin glanced at her words, sparing her a quick glance before going back to his phone.

"Not fond of the movie." He said in his usual blunt manner, waving his hand lazily at the TV, without looking up.

She laughed at Justin's words, before gesturing to the TV. The way she laughed made shudders run up his spine and he drew in a breath as she spoke.

"You know, Bridget Jones' Diary is actually a remarkable movie. You should give it a chance." She suggested with a shrug before looking back at the movie excitedly in the way she was before. This time, he couldn't find himself to smile.

Justin turned to her fully then, putting his phone away. He raised a dark eyebrow as he spoke
"Alexis, Danny's watched it every year, since he was 10. This is my 9th time watching this movie." He drawled, glaring at the back of Danny's head and Aaron had to agree with him on this part. The way in which he could now recite the movie from heart was unhealthy.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he heard Lexi sigh as she nudged Justin with her elbow which he was surprisingly okay with. Justin was averse to physical touch with others save for those he was very very close with. This just showed how close he and Lexi had gotten and it unnerved Aaron. Of course, he wanted them to be close, but what if it became more than that? What if he was replaced?

"So, you watch it every year too, then?" Lexi teased Justin yet again before poking his chest to annoy him and Aaron couldn't help the red that stained his vision at the simple touch.

He could only watch as Justin smiled slightly, his grey eyes glimmering with mirth. Aaron could tell he was enjoying her company and he didn't know how to feel about it as Justin suddenly grabbed the finger that was poking his chest, his gaze falling on her. He shook his head gently.

"No, I don't watch it." Was all he said, so simple, but why did it cause a stir in Aaron?

She smiled in response, raising an eyebrow.
"So, what do you do when this annual rom-com fest breaks out, huh?" She questioned jokingly, making Aaron's blood pump in his ears. He could have sworn he could hear Avalon speaking to him from beside him, but it was the last thing on his mind. How could he focus elsewhere when he could feel Lexi slipping through his fingers?

Justin shrugged at her words, eyes still on her.
"What I'm doing right now," he responded with another simple sentence but it was enough to make the heat fill him.

She kept her answer just as simple, the focus off the movie completely. One moment she had been so engrossed in it and now her entire focus was on Justin.
"And, what is it, you're doing right now?" She questioned to which he shrugged yet again, the grip of his hand still resting on her finger, testing Aaron's restraint. He had gotten better at controlling his anger, but he still had moments. He feared this would become one of those moments.