A friend [11]

"Now Haruki today you're going to doing a few tests to find out what classes are best suited for your knowledge. I have been teaching you at a high level so I expect good results from this" Reiji spoke looking at his son. The lot where all sat in the limo ready to go off to school. Haruki was sat next to his two oldest fathers and was happily sat with his satchel on his lap ready for the day.

"Tests?" The boy asked turning his head unsure why he's doing tests so soon.

"Since you have been homeschooled we haven't had you properly graded on your intelligence within the education system, so you could be more advanced in some subjects more than other"Reiji explained for the boy. He knew that his son did struggle in some subjects mainly language subjects and creative ones, however thriving in maths and science which Reiji forced more work around.

"So I'll be doing tests all day" Haruki confirmed. His neves were all over the place and it was suffocating to everyone

"Yes, then you should be sorted into classes for tomorrow"

"Calm down, you'll be fine"Shu said pushing Haruki's head down onto his shoulder, layering his head ontop.

"I will be fine" Haruki whispered to himself closing his blood red eyes.

"Look Teddy Haru-ru is very nervous, maybe you can help calm him down" Kanato said lifting Teddy out to look at Haruki more. That was until Kanato perked up signalling Teddy was talking to him.

"Well just don't look at his ugly face and focus on Haru-ru" Kanato bluntly told Teddy calling his older brother ugly. This allowing Haruki to have a gobsmacked expression with the rest in the vehicle chuckling and Shu just pretending not to hear. This leading back into a suffocating silence for the rest of the journey.

Until the limo stopped.
Stepping out, Haruki was in awe at the size of the school building. The building was extremely large, however the total population of the school was quite low so there was only one or two class' per year. The school had two times, one at day and one at night. Obviously the day classes being more popular meaning there was a lack of many students for the night classes.
Of course the boys go during the night and so will Haruki.

"Come on I'll take you to the office, get you were you're supposed to be" Subaru offered taking Haruki's hand in his.

"Haruki do your best" Reiji spoke sternly to Haruki who had been suffocated with nerves, leading to the 15 year olds lack of response.
"Have fun tiny-kun, and don't mind what he says" Laito said hugging Haruki, whispering the last part in his sons ear. Haruki after reciprocating nodded his head silently.

Grabbing Subarus hand the two walked through the large doors and started walking towards the office. The other brothers had gone off to their lessons after wishing Haruki a good day.
Haruki didn't talk the whole way (which wasn't far) to the office, and was so nervous for his first day.
"Stop worrying, you'll be fine"Subaru said after entering the office with his son.

.
.
.
.
.
Haruki had spent the morning doing several subject tests, some being easier than others. However, he wasn't the only one taking these tests. Sat at a desk next to him was a girl he believed was slightly older than himself. The girl seemed to be struggling a bit more than he was, but non the less Haruki focused back to his own work till lunch.

"My names Kimiko" the girl told Haruki after they were told they could both go to lunch.
Kimiko had chest length light pink hair with deep green eyes. Her hair was put up in two plaits decorated with ribbons, clips and bows.
They had both started walking down the same from the office in the direction the receptionist pointed was to the cafeteria, both practically side by side.

"I'm Haruki" our precious bean politely introduced himself back. Haruki's emotions being all over the place, this was the first new person he'd actually be talking to (not counting the receptionist).

"Do you want to get lunch with me, um it might be nice so we don't have to eat alone?" Kimiko bravely asked. You could tell that she was just as nervous as him and being also terrified to talk to new people.

"Yes I'd love too!!" Haruki responded becoming happy that he was making a new friend.
.
.
.
Both teens were sat outside only lit up by close by street lamps. They where lent against a large tree sat on the cold floor.
The two had been sat there since they got their lunch in the cafeteria. Kimiko had been talking all about herself and her hobbies whilst haruki was not just finishing his lunch but her lunch too (with permission) Haruki was taught never to waste food so he happily ate it all.

"And he's so gross"
Kimiko was talking to Haruki about her brother. Haruki was happily listening, this was all new information to him. Talking to someone new was a breath of fresh air for the boy and he couldn't be happier. Happily nodding along Haruki's smile couldn't be brighter.
"but I still love him so much, I should introduce you to him. Oooo you should come over one time". Kimiko quite like our Haruki is pretty innocent, so the two where pretty good together.
"He does everything for me, but he is best for cooking food and doing my hair"

"You're hair is really pretty, I really like the bows" Haruki commented after swallowing the food in his mouth.

"Yeah they're really pretty, here" and she unclipped one from the bottom of one of her plaits and knelt over at Haruki. Carefully she clipped the tiny blue bow into to curious boys hair.
"There you go now we can match" Kimiko cheered out happy that her and her new friend can match.

"Thank you Kimiko!" The pure glee was radiating form Haruki was enough to luminate the whole night sky.
"Although my brother says all boys are eck you're so much nicer than any over boy I've met" she mentioned remembering what her older brother said before she left for school.

"Well you're really nice too. I'm not sure what my brothers will think" Haruki thought. Yes he was told beforehand to stop all the confusion and questions just to call them all his brothers instead of fathers, and Haruki understood and has followed the request.

"Why? What would they think?" Kimiko asked not understanding how Haruki's brothers could be with him talking to new people.
Although Haruki wasn't told if he was supposed to eat lunch with his fathers, nor told not to make friends so Haruki was just out doing what he wanted. And what he wanted was to make a proper friend, which he has now in Kimiko.
"I'm not really sure they want me to make many friends"

"Well that's rather mean of them" Kimiko said rather outraged pouting slightly.
"No they're not mean,    Just a bit protective" Haruki admitted. He did know this but had sort of normalised it within his house and his life.

"Yeah I understand that, most of my family is protective over me too. But we're friends right" Kimiko started off quite reserved and sad, however realising that she might have an actual friend Kimiko instantly perked up. Haruki was very much the same, and now so happy he has actually been able to make a friend.

15th December 2022
1282 words
Please vote and hope you enjoyed xx