Survival is the game

Part 2 of "Prayer in the chapel"
———————————————————————
A few days had passed after Andrew's death and everyone was coping in their own ways.

Maya went on runs but still managed to be their for her family. Malia wouldn't talk about it. Though, she was dying inside of the gapping hole that her Zio Andrew left. Carina just cried a lot and to the point were it hurt to go that and started laying on the floor or the shower floor.

She said everything else was too soft.

Sometimes Malia would join her Mama on the floor just to be held but sometimes it was too much to handle for the older Italian. Nothing really made things better for the little family for those first few days. Maya called the school letting them know that Maria wasn't going to be in school for a while and to put her in the online program.

The school understood and did so.

This school was different than the other ones. It gave them flexibility on things a normal school wouldn't. Malia just tried to push through her homework. Even if she got a bad grade. What counted for her parents to see that she tried her best.

A few hours had passed and Malia numbed out the world around her. Malia just stared at her laptop, it was opened to her outline for her essay that she was about to write.

That is when she heard the world come back to her ears and the sound of Maya saying to Carina, "Blame me! I couldn't get to y'all fast enough! Blame me!"

She assumed she was talking to Carina because she heard a faint crying. That is when Malia remembered that she was never getting her Zio back. Malia immediately shut her computer out of anger and went to lay in bed. Laying there in her bed to muffled the sounds of her crying and the tears left wet spots on her pillow.

She soon got tired for the crying and fell asleep.

That was the first time that she gotten sort of good sleep. Even if it was just a nap. She was awoken to a knock on her door and then it opened slowly. "Hey lia, get dressed. I'm taking you and your mama somewhere important." Maya said to her daughter. Malia nodded and proceeded to do so.

They all piled into the car and Maya drove off.

It was a silent car ride to the firehouse. We went through the front door of the firehouse and I was greeted by Vic at the front desk. Vic knew why they were there, she winked and left the little family to do their thing.

They went into the barn, where it was just them.

"Maya I'm not a child." Carina exclaimed while starting to get annoyed. "MAYA!?!?!?" Carina exclaimed while the sirens of the fire truck went off.

"Mom what the hell!?!?!?" Malia questioned just like her Mama.

"Scream!" Maya explained.

"What?" Malia and Carina said at the same time.

"Scream!" Maya repeated, then she proceeded to do the thing that she asked her family to do. Malia was the first one to do so. She didn't know why but it felt good.

Good to relieve the pain eating away at her.

Carina soon followed, then banging on the side of the truck once or twice. The emotions were let out and it ended in a family hug.

That is when they knew that things were and are going to get better through this dark time in their lives.

——————————————————————
A/n: not going to lie, I enjoy writing these. They are easy and fun to write.

Any ideas you want me to write?