Chapter 71.2

When Qi Yunruo went to see Jing’er, the latter was ripping off his own clothes, wanting to lie down in bed while wrapped in blankets. A smile spread across Qi Yunruo’s face. He walked over to him. “Still sleepy?”    

Jing’er covered his head with the blankets. Not a word left his lips. However, a moment later, Qi Yunruo’s ears caught soft sobs. Jing’er was aware that he was the eldest son, and that he needed to have the dignity of an eldest brother. Even though he was still young, he had long since stopped crying from a young age. When he had first started to practice martial arts, Qi Yunruo saw Jing’er’s legs tiring until they hurt. Yet, Jing’er would just clench his teeth and smile, saying he wasn’t tired. Now… Qi Yunruo did not open his mouth to ask; he only accompanied him in silence at the side.

A while later, Jing’er said in a sobbing tone under the covers, “Uncle Little Qi, Little Brother won’t fight with me in the future, right?”  

Without even thinking about it, Qi Yunruo replied, “Yes! You two will always be the closest of brothers.”  

“Me and Little Brother will be good to each other,” said Jing’er, voice trembling. 

Slowly, Qi Yunruo pulled the covers off Jing’er’s face. His gaze was full of gentleness. He reached out and wiped away the remaining tears on Jing’er’s face. A smile graced his lips. “I believe in Jing’er and I believe in Mu’er.”  

Jing’er sat up. Threw himself into Qi Yunruo’s arms. And Qi Yunruo looked at him. Slowly, he stroked the child’s hair. In fact, Jing’er wasn’t crying because of him and his brother. Rather, he was weeping about his birth mother. Why did his birth mother say such things? Jing’er already had benevolence in his heart. He also knew that being benevolent was the right way to go. Like his father and Uncle Little Qi. However, when all was said and done, Jing’er was unable to say such words to his birth mother. As such, he could only feel wronged, could only feel sad, could only sob mournfully.  

After a while, Lulan returned and said in a soft voice, “Sir, Second Prince is somewhat unwilling to return. He still wants to stay with Her Highness Consort Wei.”  

Jing’er crawled out of Qi Yunruo’s embrace. Resolute and decisive, he said, “I will bring Little Brother back!”  

Qi Yunruo looked at Jing’er. A bit embarrassed, Jing’er called for a servant to draw water for him to wash his face. After a moment, he said, “Second Brother is still young right now and doesn’t know right from wrong. There are some words that can give him a bad influence if he hears them. I must bring back Little Brother and take care of him properly.”  

Qi Yunruo nodded. “Mm, I’ll trust in you.”  

Jing’er once again dressed then left the room. Following that, Qi Yunruo glanced at Shancha. Dully asked, “What happened?”  

After Jing’er had left from Ink Lotus Courtyard, Qi Yunruo summoned Chu’er over. He finally pulled himself together again. He didn’t want to be passive and avoid things like how he had a month earlier. Nevertheless, he needed to figure out where Chu’er’s hatred toward him came from, and who fostered such hate by talking to her. Right after he made the command, he set off. “Nevermind, I’ll go myself.”     

In the west wing’s reception hall, Chu’er sat upright in a chair, maintaining the composure of an imperial princess. Miss Ning, her wet nurse, stood behind her. Qi Yunruo said, “Second Young Miss, may I speak with you privately?”  

Nanny Ning said, “Denied! Second Young Miss is an imperial princess. How could you speak with her alone?”  

“Then think of me as Second Young Miss’ maternal uncle.”