Chapter 68.2

The emperor was left speechless by Empress Dowager Lan’s words. A light sigh left her lips. “You two are originally the closest father-and-son pair in this world. Why must things be taken to this point?”

The emperor muttered, “Imperial Mother… Son…”  

Suddenly, a court eunuch rushed into the hall. “Your Majesties the emperor and empress dowager, the adjutant of Prince Chun’s estate has arrived at the palace. He says he has something important to report to Your Majesty the emperor.”  

All at once, Li Chen rose to his feet. Little Qi. Little Qi has come?  

The emperor furrowed his brows. “Allow entry!”  

Qi Yunruo entered Martial Hero Hall in a calm manner. His face appeared to have been blown by the cold wind, two ears red from the chill. However, he had a cool composure that could not be put into words. Behind him were Qu Qing and Fang Ge. Qi Yunruo did not specially search for Li Chen’s silhouette. Rather, after he saluted, he took out those letters. “This subject asks Your Majesty to look at these things.”

The emperor nodded. Huang Ling, his head eunuch, bowed and received the letters, before presenting them to the emperor.  

The emperor picked up the letters and gave them a few looks. Coldly said, “What’s the meaning of this? As the adjutant of Prince Chun’s estate, you think he has communicated with our enemies?”  

“Your Majesty, these weren’t found from Prince Chun’s estate. Rather, this subject found them on one of Deputy General Su’s subordinates. There are human testimonies and material evidence here.”  

In a flash, Martial Hero Hall burst into uproar. Qi Yunruo seized an opportunity to glance at Li Chen. Li Chen flashed him a smile. Then Qi Yunruo continued, “Who actually was communicating and conspiring with our enemies, this subject cannot say. Your Majesty only needs to ask Deputy General Su’s subordinates and your honored self should be clear on the situation.”  

Prince Yong said, “On what grounds did you search Su Yuan’s men?”  

Not one bit afraid, Qi Yunruo said straightforwardly, “Because I know His Highness absolutely would not help Xinyuan Country! Your Highness Prince Yong, your honored self has been to the northwest before. So you should know that the fighting there gave Great Kang much trouble. Although Xinyuan Country did not send troops to fight us directly, they supported the Qiang greatly at the back. Prince Chun narrowly escaped death and accumulated a great amount of military contributions. He only holds hatred toward the king of Xinyuan Country!”  

Prince Yong’s complexion grew deathly pale. Moreover, cold sweat poured from his body. In such frigid weather, he felt like his body was soaked in sweat. The senior officials who had attacked Li Chen a moment ago felt the same.  

Prince Qing said, “…Imperial Father, Second Imperial Brother truly has complained about your honored self in his estate…”  

“Your Highness Prince Qing, this humble subject already has Li Xiuqi tied up and thrown outside the palace hall. Your honored self can question him as much as you like, and even ask more details from him.”    

Among all the officials in the room, Qi Yunruo, a fifth-rank official, was of the lowest rank. However, at this moment, no one dared to tell him to be quiet.

Prince Jing knew that everything was over. He closed his eyes in disappointment. He only rejoiced that while the three of them had joined forces to attack his second imperial brother today, he was the only one of the three to not have brought out any “evidence.” He had merely taken advantage of the situation for his own benefit and said a few things.