There's a tensed edge to his face that makes you mirror his stance by placing your cup on the table to cross your arms over your chest. "Why are you being so diabolical?"

He raises a fine brow at you, circling the rim of the cup with his index finger. "I just think it's fair for you to know everything. Because Jungkook isn't who you think he is."

Something dark swept across the space between the two of you and you try not to grip tighter onto your cup when Junghyun's eyes land on your hoodie.

"Because if he only talked about himself and made you pity him, then he's avoiding the part where your mom's death is involved."

Now your fingers are grasping the cup's handle so tight you might break it.

This is new. The vibes Junghyun is giving off is nothing like you would expect.

His face is contorted into pity, like he's sorry for making you feel this way but you don't understand why.

What is he trying to tell you?

The smoke from the tea pot puffs up, simmering and seeping into the white ceilings above. You turn around, realizing you're alone with him in the kitchen since Jungkook is somewhere upstairs.

"You don't know what you're saying," you hiss, placing your hand on the counter before glaring up at him. "Were you always like this?"

He looks away from you, staring out the window. "Why do you think Jungkook made you sleep in a library room?"

Your breathing goes shallow as you think, annoyed at his absurdity. Annoyed that you're letting him get under your skin.

But why did Jungkook make you sleep in the library room? Why not a nicer guest room? Why not the living room couch? And why the hell does it even matter?

"Because he has nightmares," you say, surprised at the anger in your voice because he's making you paranoid.

But that still didn't make any sense. Why would his nightmares stop him from offering you a nicer guest room? Why only the library room?

Junghyun only steps close to you, and you try not to step back. From up close, you could feel the sincerity in his gaze, the look of silent despair that makes you shiver.

"Yes but there's more to it," he says raspily. "Somewhere in those bookshelves you'll find Jungkook's diary. It has a gold spiral, very easy to spot. You were too distracted by other things last night to notice the dirty little secrets he put in there for you to read cause he's a coward to say them outloud to you."

What-Who does he think you are? A spy?

There's a massive look of bewilderment on your face that makes Junghyun smile like a ghost.

You narrow your eyes at him. "Look," you scowl. "I don't know if you're delulu or if this is some sort of prank, but I think you need help. Junkook told me everything I needed to know so you can stop trying to scare me."

He smiles again, this time almost teasingly. "Is that right?"

You're so exasperated by him you can now hear yourself breathe. "What is your problem? Why are you being so weird?"

When the sunlight suddenly angles on his face, it's hard not to acknowledge how handsome he really is. His features were bold, masculine, and eyes so hooded they held you a prisoner, unwilling to let your gaze slip away.

Junghyun exhales sharply, letting out a small scoff. "Because you're so damn oblivious. Don't you get it?"

He steps close, so close you can feel his breath on your lips, consuming your soul with so much anticipation it makes you hold your breath.