50| Forgive & Forget

Start from the beginning

"What does Jungkook have to do with this?"

For a second, you let the question hang aimlessly in the air until you realize it.

His voice—crafted by a cartoonist and sung always with a sweet melody like he was the purest soul in the world. Delicate and high like silver bells, but also deathly and low like the Grim Reaper himself.

Junghyun.

All it took him were bright green contacts, a deeper voice, and a heeled shoe.

The sirens have been churning and sparkling whenever he was around but he was too damn charismatic that you missed it.

You don't realize Lisa has been saying things to you until it's quiet and she's staring at you with a quizzical brow. "You're not gonna tell anyone, are you?"

Of course not, you roll your eyes, opening the door to get out. "Thanks for the ride, traitor."

"Y/N—"

There was no reason for you to hear anything else because you had to tell Jungkook. He has the right to know.

You're already heading straight for your front door because you need to let your dad know that you're okay. You've missed nearly 20 calls from him since the auction.

Jihoon is home, sitting at the dining room table. He jumps to a stand when he sees you before grabbing you in for a hug and you blink several times, not used to him hugging you.

"God, I've been searching everywhere for you. Why didn't you answer your phone?" He lets go of the hug to look at you, hands grabbing your cheeks.

"Sorry I was—'

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? I heard about the intrusion at your workplace, and ever since I've been looking for you everywhere in that building. Then I heard from one of your colleagues that you were at your... boss's house?"

You swallow. "I... yes. The weather was bad so he was kind enough—" Kind enough? Seriously? This is Jungkook you're talking about. "He let me crash the night at his place."

Jihoon narrows his eyes at you. "Your boss is a he? And he let you stay the night? Are you alright?"

There's only so much you can take in one day.

"Dad, it's a long story. But trust me, I'm fine. Nothing happened." Yeah, right. Absolutely nothing happened. You just slept with a man that supposedly was involved in your mom's death.

And you slapped him, called him names only to realize he was innocent. Jihoon frowns at you. "You look like you need a couple days of sleep."

Couple months, couple years, you'll take it all. "I'm sorry for worrying you."

His shoulders fall, before he grabs you in for another hug. "It's okay. I'm glad you're okay."

Until now, you don't realize how much you needed this. Someone to just hug away all the pain—even if it was just for a fleeting moment.

You don't realize you're crying until you feel the wetness on your dad's shoulder.

He tenses, gently stroking your back. "Oh, Y/N. Are you crying?" You cry harder and he hugs you tighter. "Hey, it's alright. You're home safe. That's all that matters."

"I'm sorry," you wail. "I'm sorry. I miss mom." You're not sure where that came from but you couldn't stop yourself. "I miss her so much. I miss her aloo tikki."

Jihoon huffs a laugh, but you're crying so hard his shoulders are drenched.

He pulls out of the hug, and bends to be at your eye level. His eyes were damp and there was a small smile on his lips. "I know you do. I miss her too. Are you hungry? I left you some Dave's chicken."