6 | Drunk

Flynn looks from Alex to the Public Magazine on the table in front of her. It's a picture of her and Kylian at the grocery store with a ton of captions and other celebrity pictures around them.

"Alex I swear it's not-"

"Either this is your boyfriend or you're cheating on your boyfriend with him. Do you not trust me?"

She stands up warily, "It's neither! We've just been going out for a few weeks!" She takes a step towards him.

Alex scoff's,  "You're always going to his place, talking about him, wearing his clothes. Do you take me as an idiot?!"

"No, of course not! It just never came up!"

"No I see, as soon as I said I was a football fan you marked my name off the roster. You think I wouldn't be able to control myself or some shit?"

"Alex, no I swear," She pleads, "We'd just met and you kept asking about the clothes and Jamie-"

"Jamie knows?!" His eyes go wide.

Shit. "Uh, yeah he was sorta there when we..."

Alex begins to leave but Flynn follows him towards the stairs begging him to listen. Just in time for her best friend to reach their floor.

Jamie takes one look between Alex's red face and Flynn's teary one to know what's happening.

"Alex-"

"You!" Alex shoves a finger into his chest, "You lied to me?" His voice breaks.

Flynn wants the earth to swallow her whole. This is all her fault.

His entire angry demeanor dissolves, "I don't care whether he's your boyfriend or not, I just don't get why you didn't tell me."

Alex pushes past Jamie down the stairs and Jamie rushes after him out of the building. Flynn continues to stare where her two friends stood.

"C'est vrai, oui?" (So it's true then?)

Flynn turns around to see a brunette standing over the magazine. Flynn marches over and grabs the dumb paper and her backpack.

"Mêle-toi de tes affaires." (Mind your own business.) She hisses, and storms out of the library.

Tears run down her face as she flips through the magazine, feet walking on autopilot. She ends up in front of Kylian's building and the security let her in.

Knowing he won't be home for another hour, Flynn tries to distract herself with studying. It doesn't work. All her bone biology notes blend into one and are so damn pointless.

She slams her laptop shut and pushes across the table. As she stares at the Pro, the weight of the day falls on to her like bricks.

Flynn scurries upstairs as the tears begin their second course and she strips to change into one of Kylian's old t-shirts and a new pair of briefs. Throwing herself into his bed, she burrows underneath all his covers and cries.

She cries about Alex and Jamie and how she can't go to the grocery store with Kylian. About being on the cover of a magazine and how she'll always have to be on guard at school. About being a 'gold digger' on page 2 and a 'whore' on page 3.

She cries through all the guilt she feels for just accepting everything Kylian's done for her without more of a fight. About how he still hasn't invited her to a match when she's done so much to show him that she supports him.

She cries again thinking about how selfish she is, complaining about a man who gives her everything and whom she'd do anything for.

In all her sorrows, she doesn't hear the bedroom door open, "Flynn?"