~11~

(Cordelia's POV)

When I woke up in the morning the first thing I heard was that Massimo had gone shopping with Laura. Now he tries to get to her good side by buying her expensive things.

I, on the other hand, spend my morning and afternoon doing yoga and after that just relaxing and reading a book.

It was already noon when Massimo and Laura came back. I was just walking to the kitchen when the front door opened and the two walked inside the house with two Massimo's men.

Laura didn't look happy. She was held by her arm by one of the men. And the other had dozens of different shopping bags of designer clothes almost falling off of his arms.

"What happened?" I asked when walking towards them.

"She tried to run away." Massimo answered me and took his sunglasses off.

"She has been a little ungrateful today. I was being nice and buying her everything she wanted and she acts like this."

I turned to look at Laura who was struggling to get away from the tight grip of Massimo's men.

"Take her to her room." Massimo spoke calmly to the men and watched when they led Laura away from us.

"I need to take care of a few things." Massimo turned to me. "Make sure Laura doesn't do anything stupid or leave the house."

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Look after her for a few hours." Massimo said again.

"You have your men for that. Why do I need to do it?"

"I think a women's company would do good. And you would get to know her."

"I'm not a fucking babysitter." I pushed him but he didn't even budge.

Massimo grabbed my wrist rather harshly and pulled me at him so I collapsed at his chest.

"And I sure as hell don't want to get to know her!"

"You don't talk to me like that." Massimo growled.

"You have no right to tell me what to do." I whispered under my breath. I looked at him straight in his eyes making sure he knows I'm not going to just obey him whenever he wants.

I felt his grip tighten around my wrist making me wince. He immediately let go. He then took a hold of my hand more gently and walked me to Laura's room.

He opened the door which revealed Laura who was sitting on her bed.

Massimo placed his hand on my lower back and gently pushed me in her room.

"Please 'Lia." He gave me a small smile before closing the door and leaving me and Laura alone in her room.

"Does he always do this to you?" Laura asked from behind me.

"Don't put your nose into this. It's hard enough without you being here." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I won't." She nodded.

"Thank you." I said shortly.

I let out a small sigh since I was now here and I didn't have any options but to stay here for a while.

"So you went shopping?" I asked Laura and sat on a chair that was placed on the corner of her rather small room. At least smaller than mine.

"Yes."

"And you tried to run away." She nodded. "Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why you tried to do that but it wasn't smart. Now Massimo wants that someone is babysitting you before he trusts you again not to run off."

"I just want to get the hell away from here." Laura threw her hands in the air.

"Oh believe me I want you to be gone too. But Massimo is Massimo. He has made up his mind."

"So you love him? It's pretty obvious actually."

"It's very complicated. But yes, I do love him. We loved each other when we were younger then things changed and then you came into the pictures."

Laura didn't say anything, just sat there and listened.

I let out a dry laugh.

"It doesn't matter." I sighed. "Do you want to go to the garden? I don't want to be inside. Fresh air would do good." I changed the topic.

"Really?" Laura asked.

"Yeah. But only if you promise not to run away."

She nodded in agreement.

"Good. I'm good at using a gun. So you could always try to escape from me but you wouldn't get far."

Laura's eyes widened slightly.

"I'm kidding." I chuckled. "Or not."