Chapter nine, Emmy's POV

"What!?!" I exclaim against my will. "Yes," says Bronte coolly, "We've discovered a tiny talent in you and want to expand it." I snort in disgust, "Tiny!?" "Well yeah, it's a little more pronounced than other elves your age," Rat Emery assures me, "so let's put you right into the fifth stage" "Oh, cool! One stage below me," Keefe notes, raising his hand in a high five.

I look at him and raise my hand too, and just as Keefe is about to hit it, I drop it. He looks at me mock hurt, but before he can express his opinion, Oralie clears her throat: "Also, we have decided that you will stay with the Ruewens at least until we find another option" "Ok", I say, because I really don't mind. On the one hand it would even help me because then I will be close to the moonlark, but on the other hand it will be difficult to hide my identity.

"Well then, if there's nothing more to discuss, you can go," Bronte announces. "They want to get rid of us quickly!" Keefe whispers in my ear, I overhear Keefe's argument and nod to the Council in farewell.

I land on the green field of Havenfield. As I look up, I hear a loud roar in the distance. My curiosity was piqued and I located the roar. It was really loud and came from the feathered dinosaur. It was the same neon colored creature I saw yesterday. You couldn't really miss it though. It was almost 5m tall and orange. But the most impressive thing wasn't the dinosaur, it was the person sitting on it. It was Edaline, yes, the petite amber-haired woman. I didn't expect her to be able to take on a T-Rex.

While Edaline tried to hold on to the dinosaur's back, she noticed me: "Ah Emmy, I see you're there! Can you help for a moment? I have a little problem." "The problem looks a little bigger than small!" I yell up at her, "And that's why I need your help" "What should I do now?!" "See those red sticks over there?" Edaline calls down to me, pointing her hand at a bunch of red sticks. The sticks had a glow on them that reminded me of metal. And they were big, almost huge and hopeful they weren't too heavy. "These are treats, Verdi loves them...", she wanted to say something, or yell, but was drowned out a bloodcurdling: "ROAR!"

Verdi also stood on his hind paws and ran a few steps forward. She made a couple of huge footprints in the grass. I awkwardly picked up some treats and held them up, catching Verdi's attention. She froze and looked at me with her gigantic eyes.

They seemed greedy and followed my every move. I scanned the pasture with my eyes and discovered a huge cage. I throw the sticks in there as fast as I can and make my way to safety. Verdi rushes towards the cage. Before crossing the door, Edaline jumped off her back and closed it. "Phew, that was exhausting." She wipes the feathers off her clothes and claps her hands.

"Thanks for your help Emmy. But tell me, how was your meeting with the Council?" I walk towards the house with her. I answer her question: "It was... surprising." Edaline looks at me curiously and I continued, "The Council asked me to demonstrate one of my skills and they accepted me into the Fifth stage of Foxfire." "What did you show them?" I play around with my gloves and reply, "I've demonstrated my telekinesis." Edaline didn't come to an answer as Sophie came rushing towards us and yelled, "Where have you been with Keefe, Mister Forkle and Oralie?! "

I raise an eyebrow and reply, "Why do you want to know?" I see Sophie's jaw tighten. Before she could reply, however, Edaline cut her off, "Sophie, this is Emmy's business and now let's all go in and get us something nice." "Good idea," I say, giving Sophie a sideways glance.

We entered the house, the first thing I saw in the kitchen was a huge package with my name on it. "What is that?" I ask. And Edaline also seems at a loss, only Sophie seems to know something: "Ah, by the way, that arrived for you 5 minutes ago.",, What is that?" I repeat my question again Sophie replies: "Open it if you want to know", "Yeah," I say and get to work.

The first thing I pull out is a school uniform I know, it looked the same as always. This time, however, it was red. And the pin was in the shape of a saber-toothed tiger. After that I only saw boring school books. Well, that's going to be exciting. "It's level 5 foxfire stuff," Sophie notes, looking at me confused. I enlighten her, "Ah, forgot to mention: I was accepted to foxfire."

Edaline seems to notice the tense mood and asks me: "Emmy, please take the things to your room" "In YOUR room?!" Sophie asks in alarm. "Well, as long as Emmy doesn't have another home, I assume she'll stay here. Or did I miss something", Edaline looks at me.,, No no, everything right", I agree and grin devilishly at Sophie. Maybe the last name suits me better than I thought.

I lift the heavy box and shuffle to the stairs with heavy steps. When I got there, Sophie surprisingly came to my aid. She pitched in and we quickly got into my new room. When the heavy box was on the floor, I thanked her. "No problem," she waved it off and headed for the door. "You know Emmy, I don't think you're a bad person. I hope you don't think that way about me either and that we'll be friends in the future." I smile warmly at her: "That would be nice" and... That was exactly my plan. "Then you, you should prepare for school tomorrow."