Chapter two, Emmy's POV

The first thing I noticed was the polluted air, the noise and the heat. Things you can not find in the Lost Cities. Nothing has changed since my last visit. And then there was the best thing of Paris. The smell of fresh croissants, hot chocolate and many other things. Before I jump back to the Neverseen, I am gonna buy myself a hot chocolate with some delicious macarons. But before that, I need to look for Keefe. It didn't take long for me to find him. He hasn't changed much since my last spy operation. The Neverseen sent me to the moonlark and her friends before so I could gather information. Thanks to my ability to transform into another form, this was a breeze for me. However, I had to be careful because my eye color always stayed the same. But this time Keefe wasn't surrounded by his friends, but an old, angry grandpa was standing in front of him. I am not a polygot, but thanks to my Neverseen training, I was able to pick up a few words. Apparently, Keefe tried to hack into an ATM but he didn't look successful. I was surprised that the usually very talkative Keefe was rather quiet now. He looked a little intimidated at the old retiree. Who now started waving his arms in front of Keefe's face. Before I could make fun of him, I heard the old geezer yell POLICE. This is my chance. 

I emerged from my hiding spot as a completely different person. I turned my otherwise red hair into a brown, severe bun. My body was now that of a thirty year old, with a few improvements. Instead of my human clothes I now wore a French police uniform. I no longer wore my gloves. I walked towards the two with quick steps. My heels clicked loudly on the floor. When I was in front of the two, I saw the very angry Grandpa in front of me. He was flushed with anger. "What happened here?" I ask him in my broken French. The Grandpa asks me suspiciously: "How can you be here so quickly?" "Are you doubting my authority?" I ask him and could just remember the word authority. I point to my badge that is attached to my uniform. The Grandpa looks at me embarrassed and murmurs: "No Of course not. You're welcome to take the boy away!"

 I nod in confirmation, grab Keefe's arm and pull him away. From the first touch, I can feel his abilities rubbing off on me. A pleasant tingling runs through my body. And then his emotions hit me, I never realized what a strong empath Keefe was. He was clearly frightened, confused, but also a suspicion rose in him. He cleared his throat: "Let me go!" But I continue to pull him to the next alley without letting go. Otherwise he might have the idea of ​​running away. And I couldn't let that happen, after all I had to look for Fintan. Looking around, I pulled Keefe into a narrow, black alley where no one was. Once there, I let go of Keefe's arm. "Stay here!" I command him before transforming back into my self. After transforming I look at him, all I see is pure shock. His emotions say the same. 

"Who... who are you?" he asks me. "Emmy," I say, proud that I've halted the great Keefe Sencen. His expression changes from shocked to curious, but he retains that bit of fear. "Are you an elf?" he continues his Question Time. I grin, "No, I'm just in your imagination." "Well then, in my imagination you're an elf now." "Fine, and in my imagination you're an empty-headed idiot" Now Keefe gave me a sincere grin, "Plus, in my imagination you have a last name" I roll with my eyes and ask him: "And that would be?" "You tell me," he replies mysteriously. I frantically try to think of a surname to give him. After all, I didn't have one unless I said Pyren was mine. But that would be a hopeless betrayal. Then I remember a poster I just saw.

 "Devil," I try to convince him of my last name. While Keefe gives a short laugh, I twist my curls. "Like the devil," he says, wiping an imaginary tear from the corner of his eye. I catch a glimpse into his eyes, they were the same icy blue as Lady Gisela's. But hers were cold and emotionless, while Keefe's were wild Warmth and vibrancy "You look like one too," he added with a sarcastic smile. "And you definitely don't look like an angel." He touched his heart theatrically as if it hit him hard and groaned. "How dare you insult me ​​Keefe Sencen? My father is the god of all angels, who will probably end up in hell."

 I feel a brief sorrow flow through him. But he tries to catch himself quickly, he smiles again, which seems a little forced. "Well Dear Highness, Respect has never been my forte, besides, this isn't a fantasy world." "Oh, that's sad." He said, putting on a sad face. I put on a mock-pitying look: "For you but not me." "I bet I can feel some sadness in you," he said, putting on a concentrated expression. Only a few seconds passed, then his smile fell and he turned pale. He whispers softly, "Actually... I can't feel anything in you..."