xxviii.

important announcement: I have changed my name from Luxlovin to AuthorSiennaBlair ! i hope this doesn't cause any confusion, but I have hopes to publish in the future, and figured now it the best time to switch my name. @authorsiennablair on Instagram. thank you for the support. xo

GIULIA'S POV

I sigh softly as I hold up the carrot to the gorgeous mare, allowing it to chomp a bite off as I squat down and take a seat on a short stool. I'm glad the horses seem to be enjoying my company, because I'm absolutely hating my life.

Nicolas dragged me around with him yesterday, forcing me into a cocktail dress to "look pretty" and introduce me to some of his business colleagues. They were the ones who don't know about his actual profession as a part of the mafia, but rather deal with the business dealings and such. I'm used to it, after all, as my father and many others do the same. They hold power with money, and these businessmen also help pay for things in our world that they have no idea they are funding, like the drug supplies.

I hated every moment, but I had to suck it up and act like his perfect little fiancée. When we got home, I tried to avoid sleeping in his room, but Nicolas made it very clear that I had no choice in that matter either. He tried to talk to me, and I refused.

I hate him. If I could get myself out of this marriage, I would. In fact, I have considered running a minimum of ten times in the last 24 hours alone, but I know I would never get away with it.

Nicolas would never let me.

The thud of buckets falling to the floor startles me, and I notice Vincenzo has entered the stables for the afternoon feeding. Normally, I would help him, as I've been doing for the last few weeks I've been here, but I've decided I hate him too.

He could've very well stopped Nicolas from doing what he did the other night. I know that for a fact because of the smug look on Vincenzo's face, and the way that he's been accompanying us almost everywhere since then.

If Vincenzo thinks something is a bad idea, Nicolas listens, and vice versa. So why didn't he say something? I thought we were friends. In fact, I thought Vincenzo liked me.

"Are you done sulking around?" His voice echoes through the stables, and I stiffen, snapping my head back to look at him again. He's busy filling the buckets with water from the hose, not even looking at me, but I know he's talking to me.

I ignore him, holding the carrot back up to the young mare, stroking my head against her mussel gently. I can't stand any of them right now. Except maybe Alessio, but I have no idea where he's even at. I haven't seen him, and I'm thinking he may be with that girl again.

Sadness hits me hard thinking about the two of them. I wonder if Nicolas and Vincenzo will try and get involved there as well? I can't imagine Alessio would be happy about that, but he's too sweet. Much sweeter than I am. Even though he too is a made man, he's not like his older brothers.

"Are you ignoring me now?" Vincenzo shuffles up to me, his boots crunching on the dried hay as he pours water into the giant basin with the bucket, splashing me in the process. The cold water makes my body jerk back, and I glare at him, jumping off the stool and dropping the carrot.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shout, brushing my soaked hair out of my eyes. My hair appointment is tomorrow, because they couldn't fit me in today. I bet if Nicolas had called, they would have no problem making adjustments for me, but he told me to figure it out myself.

"You're in the way. I haven't done anything deliberately," Vince calmly remarks, clearly not giving two shits about the fact that I'm soaked, and my feelings are bruised. I give his arm a shove, not budging him, but just for effect.