v.

a/n: formatting will be fixed shortly. xo enjoy.

ch 5
nicolas' pov

Today is a ridiculously busy day for me and it does not help that I have to act like a babysitter. I'm going off scrolling through excel sheets of business transactions, trying to ensure that our bookkeeper has been adamant and accurate. There's a thick line between trusting and not trusting, and it's one that very few have been able to cross with me. Therefore, I take on the additional role by choice of going through and checking each and every little thing after it is completed.

Although I am not Don, nor will I be for the Five Families, I am devoted to their cause until my marriage. Which in other words means that I do play a strong and influential role currently. With my cousin off in New York, that leaves me to rule over Boston, and I don't trust anyone else regardless of their oath to the mafia. We've had one too many slip-ups in the past, which is exactly why I haven't found anyone else to keep an eye on Giulia.

"Nico, how much longer? You could at least give me something to do. I don't even have my cell phone," Her voice nears me and I jerk my head away from the dual computer screens to find her leaning across my desk, putting her palms down against it. With her added height, due to her heeled boots, I have a clear view down her top where the swell of her breasts peeking through her lacy bra is evident. I clench my jaw, knowing very well that she knows exactly what she is doing by that position and quickly glance back at my computer screen.

"I told you, I am working. Shut up and sit down, and don't ask me for your cell phone again. I've already told you, when your phone is cleared, you can have it back," I snap at her and from the corner of my eye, I can see her eyes roll. I feel my nostrils flare at the sight of it.

She's disrespectful in the best way possible. The little things she does infuriates me. Not to mention that dirty little mouth of hers — it's like she was sent straight down to me from God himself to prepare me for hell.

"Asshole," Giulia mutters under her breath with a scoff as she plops back down into the large leather seat on the other side of my desk. Skimming the keyboard with my fingers, I continue my calculations, peering at her from above the screen every few seconds.

The one thing that I hate the most about Giulia is that she is damn near perfect. From the long, beautiful golden locks to her flushed, rosy cheeks, her petite figure and how she stands so small next to me. Most of all, how little she needs to wear — both body and face — to gain any attention.

All eyes are always on her.

She's absolutely breathtaking. When she walks in the room, everyone stares, and I can't help but want to put a bullet in each and every one of them just for looking at what is mine.

Mine.

I'm one territorial motherfucker. I know that. It's natural given that I am a Made Man, born and raised to be a leader and become Don. It's one of those things that I unfortunately inherited from my petty excuse of a father. But it is who I am.

Giulia has been mine for years now. Even before we were engaged, no one else bothered to even risk negotiations with her father for her hand, because I was the only suitable option. A Marchetti would marry her, that was a fact since long before our engagement. If not me, then another, but I would not let that happen.

Neither would my father. He's the biggest reason as to why I agreed, not that I had much of a choice. One of his sons would marry Giulia so that his blood could take over that line of heirs, and as the eldest, it was my duty.

But that's not why I agreed. Those pesky little bright eyes of hers remind me of that every single time I look at her. The blonde hair is a reminder of what's at stake and what I can gain.