xiv.

NICOLAS

I'm officially losing my mind.

All of my self-control has gone with it. I swore to myself that I wouldn't touch Giulia, but I didn't even last an hour after her turning eighteen without touching her. Seeing her in that red dress drove me insane, but I don't know if things would have been different whether she had that on or a paper bag.

She was everywhere. Her scent, her things, her ever lasting presence even when she left the room, and she was officially getting to me. For fucks sake, I acted like a horny ass teenager that never gets laid last night, and that's certainly not the case. I don't know when the last time I jacked off was, but I didn't last long fisting myself around her. It was slightly embarrassing, but totally worth it.

Fuck. And now I'm thinking about her again, and the way that her perfectly round ass was against my crotch last night. I couldn't sleep, and it wasn't because of the dozens of Outfit men that loitered around the resort, but rather because I had a raging hard-on for most of the night.

If she didn't stop me, I had no doubt that I would've fucked her. I wanted to so bad, and still do, which was exactly why I knew I had to get out of there before she woke up. That, along with the fact that if someone caught on that I was in her suite last night, we would have a bloody war happening now.

I avoided the resort this morning and had requested that Giulia be brought straight to the jet for departure. Just as I climb the last step, my duffel bag swung over my shoulder, I see her in my peripheral vision. That long, thick blonde hair is immaculate, and I'm low-key surprised considering how much of a hot mess it was after our activities last night.

"Sir, if you could take your seat, we are already cleared for take-off," a woman whom I presume is the flight attendant for this private jet gestures to the first seat on the flight, but I ignore her. She's a beautiful woman, but my sights are set on the blonde beauty seated in the very back, away from the others. Vincenzo and Alessio are right behind me, but I tell them to sit in the front while I pass Bibiana and the stupid body guard to go and sit next to Giulia.

I had considered just ignoring her on this flight for
my own sake, but avoiding her would only raise everyone else's suspicions and that is the last thing that I need right now. But even though I'm making myself comfortable in the large seat next to Giulia, I can tell that she has planned otherwise. She won't even look at me, even though she clearly wants to.

Giulia has on a light pink dress that makes her look even more innocent than usual. It makes me think back to what we did last night and I want to crack a smile, but I refuse to do so with all the others around.

Instead, I place my hand on her upper thigh, wrapping my fingers around her soft skin. As soon as my hand comes into contact with her body, Giulia flinches and sucks in her breath immediately. She's caught off guard by my touch, but I don't move even with her sudden reaction.

"What are you doing?" she asks under her breath, still sitting stiffly, but making no move to push me off. She's so peculiar when it comes to these things — one second she's all over me and begging me to touch her, and the next she's questioning why I am doing it? I don't understand her reasoning, but it doesn't really matter to me.

"How was your night?" I ask her instead of answering her question. Giulia looks up at me with those bright eyes of hers this time, narrowing them ever so slightly as if to ask 'why are you even asking me that?' and this time I do actually crack a bit of a smile, with an added wink. I don't know why I'm acting like this, but i like that I see the fury and anger bubble in her eyes. Teasing Giulia is officially my favorite pass-time.

Instead of giving me a proper answer, Giulia goes to jerk her leg away from me, but as usual, I'm one step ahead of her slightly childish actions and tighten my grip on her thigh. It's not enough to cause her pain, but I'm sure that with the way she withers under my touch and scowls silently that it's uncomfortable for her.

"How do you enjoy being the world's biggest asshole?" Giulia mutters, and I narrow my eyes at her again. I don't like that she's calling me that, or using any foul language at all, but I guess what she says is simply the truth. I am an asshole, and I know that, but I think I've always made that very clear to everyone.

"I don't know about that, amore. Would an asshole let you come not once, but twice last night?" I give her a tight smirk as her eyes shoot up to look at me. Her mouth gapes open at my remark, looking around with a bewildered expression on her face to make sure no one else on the flight had heard my comment. "I'll show you just how much of an asshole I can be next time."

Giulia let's out a small whimper, one that is almost inaudible, but I happen to catch it faintly. It does something to me and I feel it send a shock through my body, straight to the place where I certainly don't need a reaction to unfold while on this flight with my brothers, her cousin, and useless security guard. If it was just Giulia and I, I would gladly partake in activities that we should be avoiding. But after sitting down next to her, I've come to the conclusion that avoiding it is only going to add fuel to the fire that's waiting to spread.

Maybe avoiding her isn't the right way to approach this. Sure, I want to fuck the shit out of her, but perhaps I can entertain myself without having to go the full mile, much like we did last night. It's like how they say to keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. Except this time, it deals with a lot of sexual tension that can only be broken to a certain extent.

"Please don't touch me right now," Giuliano's voice breaks as she speaks to me softly, sucking in her breath as she tries to look away. It's hard to with the way in which our seats are positioned against the side wall of the plane, in the very back and away from the others. I cock my eyebrow at her in slight confusion, because she actually looks like she's experiencing something close to pain. I loosen my grip on her thigh, thinking that is the issue, but she shakes her head at me again, looking me in the eyes. "I can't...feel like this right now. You're in my space, and you touching me isn't helping me figure out how I'm supposed to feel."

It's the first time that Giulia has given me an honest-to-God expression of how she's feeling, and her honesty is the most mature thing that she's done outside of whatever happened between us last night. I wasn't expecting any type of truth, and nor was I going to sit next to her until I saw her sitting back here alone.

I never take requests. I never listen to others. I don't give respect, but am respected. But for the first time I'm my entire life, I want to honor Giulia's wishes without so much as a snarky remark or a negotiation.

I surprise my own self when I clear my throat and nod at her, standing up from my seat and moving to the row ahead. We are still the only two in the back of the small private flight, but moving any further up would make the others curious as to why I've moved, and although I'm willing to give Giulia a bit more than I would ever give anything to others, I still feel the need to be around her, even if it's going to drive me insane that she's seated right behind me for the next hour and a half.