vi.

sorry for the wait xo. please excuse my absence due to exams. formatting will be adjusted ASAP.

G I U L I A

I hear the sound of the door slam shut behind me as I rush into the large venue, trying to get as far away from Nicolas as I possibly can. I'm sure he's not too far behind me, unless he just doesn't care to let me go, but I don't think that's the case and I am also doubtful he would make a scene in front of all the people here.

I'm angry and upset. I've never felt so much hatred and emotion towards a single person before, and the fact that Nicolas is the one evoking these emotions is making it hurt even more.

How dare he? How fucking dare he? I knew that there was slim to no chance of him accepting my ridiculous offer, but to speak to me like that? It was a low blow, and I'm sure he knows it too.

I'm pushing past people, some who are puzzled by my quick movements across the floor, but mainly everyone ignores my presence, likely too preoccupied by what they are doing.

Just as I turn the corner, hoping to make a dash for the front doors where we had arrived through, I run into something that feels like a rock, perhaps a wall in itself. But as I freeze, shocked by the hands that come out to steady me, my eyes flicker up to connect with those of a man who is so intimidating that I wish I didn't run from Nicolas seconds ago.

His dark eyes pierce down at me, a sly grin planted firm on his face. I've never seen him before, but I'm glad for it. I'm sure that most people tend to avoid him, just by the way that he's looking at me now. Like I'm prey or his next meal, but one that he doesn't care he has to kill for.

"Giulia Pagino," his voice makes me shiver, especially at how my name flawlessly rolls of his tongue. How does he know who I am? "I wasn't expecting to see you here this morning."

My mouth gapes open to speak, but I'm at a loss for words and nothing comes out. My eyes are locked with this terrifying man's, and I'm unable to look away or even pull away from his touch, even though his hands feel like they are setting my arms on fire.

"You're even more beautiful than they say. Impeccable posture, angelic skin, that shiny blonde hair..." he drops his hands from my upper arms, only to use two fingers to lift my chin, forcing me to look further up at him as he steps even closer. "And that look in your eyes? A mixture of fear and curiosity."

I jerk my head back from him, feeling my ears heat up in anger. Who the hell does he think he is to be able to touch me? In that same instance, just as his fingers fall from under my chin, his other hand comes up to cup my jaw, jerking me back towards him.

A small gasp escapes my lips as I hold my hands out, bracing myself from falling against him. My eyes lock on his as they widen, taking in the cocky look on his face.

"Let her go, Angelo," I hear Nicolas' voice from behind me. I nearly cry out when I hear him say Angelo, because that means that this man with his hands on me is no one other than the next Don of the Five Families Famiglia. A terrible man, cousin of Nicolas, and one that I've heard nothing good about.

His grip around my jaw tightens slightly as his eyes flicker up and look past my head, presumably at Nicolas. I take the chance to take note of how his facial structure and dark hair are just like that of Nicolas', sharp and smooth, but he looks ten times more dangerous. I have to hold back a shudder as Angelo finally let's go of me with a slight shove, sending me stumbling backwards on my heels.

Lucky for me, I feel Nicolas' body come up behind me, his arm slipping around my waist as he tugs me against him. Instead of fighting his touch, I lean against him, knowing that this is not the time to fight him on any of this. It wouldn't end well for either of us, because Angelo is the one incharge here.