xx.

GIULIA'S POV

I'm fuming. I'm so mad that I could cry, and I absolutely despise crying. As I storm out of my room, which is no longer my room, I make my intentions very clear as I slam the door shut and stomp over to Nicolas' bedroom.

I no longer give a fuck as to who cares. In fact, I hope that Angelo hears me, tells all of his fucking buddies, and word gets back to my father. I hope that my father learns that the man that he's about to sell his daughter off to for heirs is scum.

The worst part? I know that he won't care. He will say that his men always have mistresses and bastard children. My father will defend Nicolas because he's a man and I'm a woman. I know this, and I still respect him. I still love him.

I slam the door shut to Nicolas' room, hoping that he can hear it. I hope I break the hinges to the door too, although I'm sure that's highly unlikely. As soon as I walk in, I see that the housekeepers and maids have already unpacked my stuff. They've moved everything in.

My chest heaves as I see my silk pillow on the bed, next to his, my hairbrush on the dresser table, along with a handle of my products. They're all in the same position as they would have been in my own room.

I storm inside, walking into his massive closet. On one side are his clothes, perfectly placed, and on the opposing side are mine, just as impeccable. My shoes are displayed, rather than thrown onto the floor as they had been in my own closet.

When I'm in the bathroom, it's the exact same. My toothbrush next to his, my shampoo and conditioner that came from France in the spot right besides Nicolas'. It's like a horror film, where I'm trapped in a movie that shows me my future.

Nicolas downstairs with his mistress and I'm locked in a bedroom where I can't breath. I feel like I'm suffocating but instead of acting like it, I knock my shit off of the bathroom counter with the back of my hand, doing the same to his.

I don't care anymore. My entire life has been about this. About my impending marriage. About my virginity. About a life that I'm going to be forced to live. I can't believe that I didn't see it before, but regardless of who I married, it would always be like this.

I was blinded by my parents marriage. They married because my father fell in love with my mother. Nowhere did she have to marry for her family's sake. For the mafia. But I must, and I'll have to live with the consequences. Only me.

Nicolas won't suffer. He wins. Nicolas gets the doting wife while I get nothing except a cheating husband. He gets to rule, take over a kingdom that wasn't even built by his own family, and the only sacrifice that he has to make is moving away from home while I lose everything.

I scream.

I can't stop screaming.

Even when I sink to the ground, I'm screaming.

I absolutely hate Nicolas fucking Marchetti. I absolutely hate myself for thinking that I could change him into a better man and into the husband of my dreams.

"Giulia," his voice echoes through the bedroom. I don't know how long I've been screaming, or what happened, but my knees hit the titled floor, and my palms slam down next to them. "Giulia!"

He sounds startled, not that i'm in any position to make conclusions. I can barely breathe, and i am not actively thinking. His shoes click against the tile when he gets to the bathroom, and I don't open my eyes to look at him.

I feel his presence behind me as he wraps an arm around me, trying to stop me from thrashing, but it only makes it worse. I can't stand his touch. It only reminds me of my birthday night, and the barn, and how I was willing to sacrifice it all. For him.