•11•

The month was now February. The shortest month of the year. The month where we celebrate black history month and that dreadful day called Valentines. I hated that Valentine's Day was on a school day. I had to see all the loving couples be gifted gifts from their significant other.

Yesterday Morgan had dragged me and Sebastian to Zach's baseball game. I hated every moment of it but Morgan and Sebastian were having the time of their life cheering for Zach. I don't know why she invited me and Sebastian, I mean we could've hung out somewhere else and I would have been fine.

By the way our team won.

Now I'm just standing in the mirror looking at my tired and stressed face. I had to get ready for school which I didn't want to do. I wanted to lay back down in my bed and go back to sleep. After the game I went home and Sebastian had FaceTimed me. We talked the whole night, even falling asleep on the phone with each other. I knew this because when I woke up this morning to hear he was loudly snoring. I hung up the phone because I instantly got annoyed.

That was two hours ago, around 5:15.

After getting ready for school I walked out of my room heading for the kitchen. Once I made it to the kitchen I had stopped in my tracks once I saw a bouquet of flowers. They were so pretty with all the different bright and lively colors of blue, white, pink, and green. They were Hydrangeas, my favorite flowers and also my  mom.

"Jason really out did himself." I said to myself.

"This isn't from Jason."

I jumped at the sound of my mom's voice. I turned to face her while she had a playfully smirk plastered on her face.

"Then who is it for?" I asked curious.

"You," she said simply.

"Me?" I said in disbelief.

"Yeah, about thirty minutes ago the little flower man had dropped these flowers off saying 'this is for Estella James' they didn't even tell me who it was from." My mom explained.

"Wow," I was in awe.

'Are these from Sebastian?' I asked myself.

"Do you know who these might be from?" my mom asked me.

"Sebastian." I gushed.

"Your little Chinese boy?" I asked in a very serious tone.

"He's not Chinese, he's Vietnamese." I spat.

"Well excuse the bell out of me." She said as her right hand was placed over her heart.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"Yeah, yeah. But that was sweet of him." She said,

"It was." I said while smiling softly.

"You two aren't dating?" She asked.

"No, we're just really good friends." I explained.

"Good friends my ass," she muttered.

"Bro! Who got all these flowers on the kitchen counter! Can't even make me a bowl of cereal." Shawn shouted with aggravation.

"Boy shut the hell up! And it's too damn late to make you a bowl of cereal because we're finna go." My mom spat.

"Oh my gosh!" Shawn yelled as he kicked the wall as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Kick my fucking wall again Shawn! I swear to god you won't have any legs to kick soon!" My mom yelled with anger.

...