•9•

I stood in front of the mirror as Morgan placed makeup around my face. I was uncomfortable and very annoyed. My mom stood in the back as she watched me get ready for this triple date. When my mom had found out she started cheering around the house like she had won the lottery. A huge smile was plastered on her face. She never thought I would have gone on a date in her lifetime, she thought I was a lesbian.

"Watch it! You're about to poke me in the eye." I said as I moved my head back from the mascara Morgan was trying to apply on me.

"I'm not going to poke you!" Morgan said as she grabbed my face from moving another inch.

When she was finally done she had turned the chair to the mirror so I could see myself. I was at a loss for words. From the mirror I could see my mom crying from behind me. I turned to face her and quickly pulled her into my arms.

"Why are you crying mom?" I was confused.

"I'm just happy," She mumbled before pulling me back with her hands on each side of my shoulders. She gave me a good look before pulling me back into a hug.

"I did my thing didn't I?" Morgan vocalized

"Yes you did!" My mom replied.

"Thank you, Morgan." I said in a genuine tone.

"You have to show Candace! Did you tell her about the other thing?" Morgan asked with eagerness.

"NO!" I said rather quickly which most definitely caught my mom's attention.

"What other thing?" My mom asked.

"Sasha lets just say New Years 2023 was the night to remember!" Morgan said in a sarcastic tone.

"What happened?" My mom asked, confused.

"Nothing happened," I said before hearing the car horn beep from outside, "Looks like Zach is here. Let's go!" I grabbed Morgan's arms and pulled her out of the bathroom to the front door.

"I better find out sooner or later!" My mom yelled before we walked out of the door.

"Why would you bring that up?" I harshly whispered to Morgan.

"Bring what up?" She asked.

"You know what," I said before Zach had gotten out of his car. He immediately went straight to Morgan and gave her a big hug.

"You look so beautiful!" He complimented as he looked down at her as if she was the only one in the world. I smiled but quickly wiped it off my face. I am supposed to be disgusted right now and not liking their interactions.

"Can we go now?" I asked awkwardly.

"Yeah, let's go." Morgan said as Zach opened the passenger door for her. What surprised me the most was when he went and opened the door for me as well. I looked up at him with a nod and a thank you as I got into the car.

"He's such a gentleman." Morgan complimented.

"Umm yeah," I replied before he had gotten into the car. If I was Zach I would not be so nice to me after what I do and say about him. He's probably trying to get me to like him because it's minorly working but it's not going to be so easy.

"Where does Sebastian live?" Zach asked as we got onto the main road.

"He lives on Pomerol Lane," I said.

"Oh he stays by Caleb," Zach states. From where I was sitting I could see Morgan make an annoyed face but it was washed away quickly.

When we got to Sebastian's house Zach had honked the horn letting Sebastian know we were outside. After about a minute Sebastian had walked out wearing a black button up and some jeans. His hair looked even more fluffier than before. When he got into the car I awkwardly waved at him before going on my phone.