•8•

One month later ...

Christmas Day, the other holiday other than my birthday, that I could receive gifts. We're out on Christmas break and all I have been doing is staying home and going to work but it's slow seasons I get off of work early. The last week of school before Christmas break we had our mid-terms. It very irritating and stressful. A 0/10 rating, I don't ever recommend.

Now that we're on break I can finally let my brain rest .. as I thought. Lately my overthinking has been taunting me due to me thinking about Sebastian. Ever since Morgan's birthday, I felt bad that I ruined her special day because of me. I wanna make it up to her.

Rushing out of my room I had accidentally bumped into Shawn. How I knew it was him because he smelt like pure week and cologne.

"Watch where you going loser!" Shawn had muttered.

"You we're  in my way stupid!" I replied back.

Before we could even argue our mom had interrupted us.

"AYE! STOP FUCKING ARGUING. It's fucking Christmas!" She shouted.

"Well he started it. He just had to say excuse me and I would've kindly moved." I said.

"Shawn, say excuse me next time," our mom said.

Shawn mumbles under his breath as he makes it to his room and slammed the door behind him.

"What's his problem?" I asked.

"I don't know but he starting to get on my nerves" my mom had stated. 

Walking into the living room I noticed a black man sitting on the couch watching my favorite Christmas movie  "nightmare before Christmas".  He was buff, so I knew  he goes out to the gym. I was confuse about this man until I saw my mom kiss him on the lips which had grossed me out

"Stella, this is Jason." My mom had introduced him to me.

No wonder Shawn was mad. He is not used to another man in the house. Another man with mom. I wouldn't say I was mad but it was surprising. I'm not going consider as a dad but if he makes mom happy than I'm happy for her

"Hi nice to meet you." I greeted back.

"So you're the famous daughter your mom is talking about. I heard wonderful stories about you. Also you're a straight A's student." Jason said with some enthusiasm.

"I'm glad." I said.

"Also, I heard you're a big fan of a Korean group name .." he began but couldn't think of the name.

"BTS! They are the best group in the world!" I answered with excitement. 

Jason starts laughing at my excitement.

"Hey, I have a Christmas present for you," Jason said.

Jason grab his wallet and pull out $200 dollars out of his wallet. 

"Here you can have this as a Christmas present," Jason suggested.

A smile started forming on my face.

"Thank you sir!" I said with a big smile on my face.

"Your welcome" he said.

Suddenly, Morgan burst inside the house with a big box, wrap with a big bow saying my mom name on it

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, MY SECOND FAMILY!!" Morgan said with a big smile.

"Oh lord," I said as I covered my face from embarrassment. 

"Merry Christmas, Morgan!" My mom said walking out of the kitchen with her gift that me and her had bought for Morgan last week. It was this plushie she had wanted from books-a-million.