Chapter 10

The ride from wherever the hell they'd been back to the Swan residence wasn't long, but it was as hot and heavy as their first. Their bodies pressed together again made it difficult for either one of them to be able to think about anything else. And honestly, Kova's wolf was preening at the close contact. It was driving the teen mad. When they finally pulled up in front of the house, a certain cruiser thankfully absent, Kova heaved a small sigh of relief.

Jasper killed the engine, and Kova hesitated for a second before disentangling himself from the vampire and standing. The vampire was laying on the bike one second, and leaning casually against it the next. Kova saw every move he made with his vampire speed, grinning at the fact that he just may have someone to run with on full moons that could keep up. But he was getting ahead of himself.

"Well, that was... educational," the werewolf grinned cheekily, eyes sparkling with mirth.

"I've always been told I'm a good instructor," Jasper played along, the corner of his lip curling in the hint of a grin.

"I'm just glad we can understand each other," Kova's smile turned sincere.

"We still have much to discover about one another," Jasper admitted, and his eyes softened. "But you will never be in any danger from any of my family."

Kova knew what he was saying was true, which was entirely outrageous seeing as he barely knew the guy. Jasper took a step closer, placing them only a few inches apart.

"You're safe here in Forks," he said with so much conviction that Kova instantly felt it. Safety. Was it Jasper's gift doing its work, or was the feeling genuine? Kova didn't like that he didn't immediately know the difference. "I'll protect you to the best of my ability, I swear it." Jasper whispered, and shivers shot down Kova's spine. He sounded fierce.

"I don't need protecting," Kova murmured instantly. He knew it wasn't entirely true, but he was also fairly confident in his abilities.

"I'm going to do it anyway darlin'," Jasper's voice was a purr, and Kova didn't miss the vampire glancing down at his lips. "Consider us allies," Jasper rephrased, simply wanting Kova to feel safe here in Forks. Wanting him to stay. "Can I get your number?" The vampire asked, voice persuasive velvet.

Kova pulled out his phone, handing it to Jasper with a smirk that spoke volumes. Jasper's eyes lit up at being granted permission to enter his number, plucking it from Kova's grasp to do just that. He put his real name into the contact, Jasper Whitlock, along with his number and address- just in case. He smiled as he texted himself and handed the phone to Kova, who slipped the device back into his pocket.

The vampire was hesitant with his next move, inching his hand forward until he was clasping Kova's in it. The werewolf's skin felt divine, warm and soft in his grasp. Jasper gave him a light squeeze, his gaze heavy with so many emotions that Kova had no hope of deciphering them. He held his hand for a moment, and Kova squeezed him back seconds before Jasper released him. He swung himself gracefully back onto the bike, and god- the vampire definitely knew what he was doing to Kova at this point. The werewolf hoped he never decided to drive a car, because then he'd miss out on the gorgeous picture that was Jasper Hale sprawled out on the gorgeous beast that was his motorcycle.

"See you tomorrow?" Kova asked, and he knew he sounded a little nervous, but decided to ignore that fact.

"Count on it darlin'," his southern draw... god he was sexy.

The vampires smirk turned predatory, and Kova knew he could feel the werewolf's arousal. As much as he wanted to feel embarrassment, he couldn't seem to find it. As someone who could also sense emotions, even if he couldn't sense Jasper's, he knew what it felt like to know when someone was being genuine. It was reassuring, and the truth is all he would want to show anyway. Kova hated liars.