I couldn't do it because I was quickly running out of energy and it was getting harder and harder by the second to move my muscles anymore.

My chest heaved as if I had just run a marathon and my eyes struggled to stay open, my complexion as ghastly pale as if I was dying or right at death's doorstep already which wasn't quite as far from the truth as I would have wanted it to be.

Though it may be of an inconvenient time for such intrusive thoughts but a part of me wonders if maybe Newton had it right after all.

For an object in motion stays in motion unless it is disrupted.

Perhaps…If my course before crash landing on this planet should have stayed in motion and not gotten disrupted then I wouldn't be in this situation.

Because I hadn't calculated a new trajectory after this crash landing.

After what I assumed was going to be an easy, semi smooth glide back into the galaxies that awaited me, starry night skies that weren't upon this planet that I have been staying on for seemingly weeks now.

But I hadn't taken any of those possibilities into consideration and that may just be my biggest downfall yet.

Beyond dying, that is.

Do you think somebody like Newton could have predicted my death?

I wanted to chuckle at the absurd thought, of course somebody like Newton couldn't have predicted my untimely demise.

He was a goddamn mathematician, for fuck's sake, not some fucking fortune teller or seer.

But I couldn't even manage to inhale and exhale steadily enough, my chest violently shaking with every breath I had to force in and out of it as my limbs became heavy with fatigue and weakness, as my eyes could no longer force themselves to stay open and had to reluctantly shut against their own will.

Because I didn't think I could hold on any longer.

I had accepted my fate long before I landed on this planet in the first place.

I had made my own bed and now, it was time to lie in it.

*

*Zax*

"Mhh…Small female?"

My voice was groggy as I was disturbed from my slumberous state of mind and my first thoughts were that my female was wanting me again, was needy and greedy for a form of infectious attention, but much to my dismay, it was my brother, the inconceivable foolish moron who thought that he could harm women whenever he pleased to, simply glaring down at me as if I was the sole source for disappointing the Kingdom as a whole.

At first glance, I thought he was simply down here in the servant's quarters to lecture me about staying on the Palace Grounds when our father had implied that we would be somewhere else beyond the Palace Grounds when we were truly hiding in secrecy but then, I realized his intentions were malicious in nature as his hands beheld a knife close to my throat.

A red, bloodied knife.

My stomach dropped out as icy coolness ran through my veins, why was this blade dripping with blood?

Blood of an innocent unknown victim?

"Time to arise, my elder blood related brother. Follow me."

Zephyr said as he gestured with his knife towards the door that led out of the servant's quarters and I had no other choice but to comply with his commands, my teeth grinding together as I followed my younger sibling out of the hidden quarters and into the furthering gardens within the Palace Grounds.

My heavy footsteps thumped rhythmically on the ground, my chest bare with my lower half covered by the loincloth I had slipped into the prior evening after the excursion with my little female.

Although my heart sank into my already bottomed out stomach when I saw that he was leading me towards the Calypso Number Two, the unique spacecraft that had not been fully restored to its predecessor and the spacecraft that, from the mere glimpses inside through one of the sealed shut windows, was currently holding my tiny female hostage.

The color drained from my face, the pale complexion that I wasn't accustomed to matching that of Mabel Minerva's as I could only watch in horror as Mabel fainted to the ground and she would not move an inch afterwards.

Not even the barest twitch of a muscle could be seen.

Anger burst through my veins, my female was severely injured and near the brink of death, all because of my brother and his neurotic, lunatic ways of ruling a Kingdom.

I spun around to face my younger brother, the man who called himself a king holding a blade that dripped steadily with the blood of an innocent female.

My female.

My Mabel.

"Zephyr! How dare you do this to her! Do you not understand how valuable she is to our Kingdom?--"

And to myself, as well, but you shan't know this matter for now, dearest brother of mine.

"--How could you do such a thing to her?!"

I angrily berated him, my eyes darting back and forth between Zephyr and my comatose Mabel whom I was now attempting to waken with prying off the frame of the windows, hoping to break the indestructible material by any means necessarily to get to her in time before it was too late.

But Zephyr never answered me back and that was perhaps due to the fact that our little commotion had stirred up quite a ruckus in the form of our father storming out of the Palace, his angry expression darkening when he realized just what his only two sons were fighting about, and next thing that happened, I watched numbly as Casimir cleanly struck Zephyr across the face before he went into a ramble about what responsibilities were expected of the King and his Kingdom.

When my father realized that I wasn't interjecting, as per my usual self, Casimir noticed a slumped over Mabel in the Calypso Number Two who he ordered Zephyr to extract immediately.

My brother was less than willing to comply with the strict orders set before him and soon, Casimir was apprehending him under one of the few strict rules that were set in place for our Kingdom, the shell shocked feeling slowly dissipating as I ordered the nearest guards to join me in prying off one of the windows or few latched doors that led into the Calypso Number Two.

My father was speaking to me then as I managed to pry the spacecraft apart without tearing it completely down to get to Mabel, telling me that he forgave me for my previous reckless actions and that the throne was mine if I wanted it but I tuned him out.

Because as I held a comatose Mabel in my arms, rushing her towards our infirmary, I did not care about my ignorant father, my selfish brother or the Kingdom, for that matter.

All I cared about was making sure that she was going to heal.

That she was going to live.

I cared deeply for this female and while I could not bring myself to admit it when she was asleep nor awake, I could feel it deep within my thick bones.

This female was mine.

That went without question.

Soon, she'd realize this matter as well.

For now, my main concern was taking care of my injured female but soon, I would too realize that something was brewing amidst the edges of the woods lining the Palace Grounds.

That there were sounds of commotion leering just beyond the line of eyesight. The soft clanking noise of another spacecraft creating the atmosphere of our home planet.

The banging sounds that it made when it came to an uneasy landing upon our planet's surface.

Soon, I'd realize that our world of living without females was about to turn upside once more.

But that wasn't about to happen quite yet.

And for now, it was best to leave some things up to the mind for wandering later on.

Feel free to comment, like and share, y'all!

-Ro♥️