# "十人十色" ⤷ al-haitham

❝ do tell, i'm all yours

 selected route ; 十人十色 (to each his own)

. selected route ; 十人十色 (to each his own)

al-haitham . the scribe

. scenario - in which you and al-haitham have a complicated relationship with one another (feat. mentions of kaveh)

. music - devil's advocate : the neighborhood

.

"IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE TO YOU?"

AL-HAITHAM'S EYES FLICKERED up from his book for just a second, meeting your angry gaze with a look of disinterest. He felt a light breeze, hearing sheets of paper hit the table in front of him - he presumed you had thrown them down as a means to grab his attention.

"I don't know what you're referring to." He answered, peeking over the top of his book to gloss over the content of the paper tossed carelessly onto the table. "Oh, if you mean this, it's as it looks."

"You... You have some audacity!" If the expression on your face was anything to go by, outsider observers who watched this scene unfold behind glass would assume that the two of you were quarreling about one another's work or something related. It was a familiar sight to those in the Akademiya; you and Al-Haitham bickering was a normalized occurrence - much like Kaveh and Al-Haitham (though more often than not, Kaveh took your side of the argument).

"Why would you endanger your position in the Akademiya for such a foolish endeavor—just to prove that you were right all along?!" You shook your head at him in utter disbelief. "Do you have any idea how dangerous your investigations are? Kaveh and I had to cover—"

"I had not ask for your assistance."

You bit back curses as he finally directed his attention to you at last, setting his book down to gather the loose parchment strewn over the table. "Neither had I ask Kaveh for his. Neither of you needed to be involved in my affairs."

Al-Haitham expected anger and frustration. These familiar emotions often manifested in you whenever you were around him so naturally, he would think the same outcome would occur. He had known you long enough to understand this to be the way you reacted whenever the two of you interacted - it always ended with an argument. And he would be right, if not for one particularity he had not anticipated.

"You really want to make my life miserable, huh? Are you that dense?" You raised your voice, loud enough to warrant more than just stares outside the study room. The researchers and students peered into the room, lingering by to watch the scene unfold.