# "恋愛後遺症" ⤷ aether

❝ it's always about lumine
when it came to him ❞

❝ it's always about lumine when it came to him ❞

. selected route ; 恋愛後遺症 (lovesick)

aether . outlander

. scenario - in which yandere! aether starts to see you as a replacement for lumine (inspo. bad end! yoosung ; mystic messenger)

. music - psycho : mia rodriguez

tw. possessive behavior + manipulation + gaslighting

.

"A-AETHER?"

AT THE FRONT of your apartment doorway stood the blonde-braided male, his right hand lingered near the doorknob— signaling that he had just broken into your home without consent. Technically, you had welcomed him before but after what transpired in the last few weeks, you had begun shunning him out of fear of what this would escalate into.

.

"You remind me of Lumine..."

At first, you weren't bothered by the odd comparison between you and his twin sister. Aether was struggling to come to terms with what had happened recently— Lumine being affiliated with the Abyss, her being this 'princess' supposedly. Nothing really made much sense and you couldn't really wrap your head around it all so you chose to listen to him instead; hoping that maybe that will provide him with some solace.

"Do I?" You asked quietly, turning to the blonde-haired outlander beside you. Aether's golden eyes fixed upon the sky, staring at the stars above him.

"Yeah... Lumine is always worrying about me, no matter the circumstance. Even though I'm the older one." Aether laughed cheerily, his eyes glimmering with nostalgia.

Despite his cheerfulness, you couldn't find yourself smiling at his words. Your chest felt tight, conflicted with how he constantly compared you to his sister. Perhaps it was just a coping mechanism. After all, he had just learned some rather damning things about her.

"Well... it's natural for her to worry about you. You guys are siblings after all." You feigned a smile, trying to keep up with Aether's conversation.

"But... it's like, over the smallest of things. Like how you would worry about me. Almost checking if I have enough mora, always calling up Katheryne to see if I had arrived, and so on." Aether laughed merrily but in spite of his seemingly jovial mood, his laugh was hollow-sounding, void of any true affection. "Archons... I miss her so much."