# "唯一無二" ⤷ itto

❝ that's us, baby ❞

 selected route ;  唯一無二 (one and only)

. selected route ;  唯一無二 (one and only)

arataki itto . hanamizaka heroic

. scenario - in which you are bullied for having oni blood and itto steps in to protect you (requested!)

. music - looking out for you : joy again

( reader uses they / them pronouns in this fic ! please insert your preferred pronouns if you don't use they / them )

.

YOU UTTERLY LOATHED the Oni blood that ran through your veins. Mainly due to the varied fact that your mother, whom you inherited the traits and blood from, had abandoned you at a young age— forcing you to fend for yourself against the prejudice in the world. Beyond the cruelty of abandoning one's own child, you were faced with the reality of discrimination towards people such as yourself. Claimed by the world to be 'half-monster, half-human', you were rejected entirely as a being that was far gone from what society accepts as normal.

For a long time, you managed to live off of sheer pity and stealing from others. Of course, you were aware of the fact that it was entirely wrong to do so, but wasn't acting upon prejudice simply because you were part Oni also wrong?

But it would seem that karma has finally caught up to you today.

"Let me go!" You screamed at your capturers, thrashing about in hopes of them releasing you. The man's grip by your wrist only tightens, his face contorted into one of annoyance at your shrill screams.

"Shut up!" He snapped at you before one of the other two men kicked at your sides which ceased your objections with pained hisses.

"You have some audacity... demanding us to let you go after you stole our supplies." One of the men sneered at you as he grabbed your chin, jerking the side of your face so that you were looking at him.

You immediately spat at the man, blinding him briefly at your sudden action before you broke free from his grip— sprinting out of the supply closet they held you in and down the dirt road in hopes of getting as far as you could.

"Get that Oni brat!" You heard the man yell, prompting the other two to give chase after you.

Panting heavily, you dodged their attempts to grab you— kicking up dirt to blind them as you slowly gained a bit of distance before a unexpected pain from a sudden collision caused you to fall over; but before you made another collision, strong arms pulled you upright and behind the body of a stranger whom you noted to have red markings inked onto his body.

"Get back here—!" The men eventually made their way to you and your unexpected savior, the expressions of ire apparent on their faces immediately morphed into fear at the towering height and appearance of your savior.