Chapter 44: Last Straw

Start from the beginning

"Grudge, really, then why would I offer you one billion dollars for your international ventures?"

"You and I both know that wouldn't have happen. If you so wanted to be an international partner, you would have stick to business, but you came with a personal proposal."

"My daughter?"

"Your daughter."

He huffed and poured himself a shot of whiskey.

"Like I said, you're insane."

"The next card you pulled was having her work at my company where she had access to files, personal information, accounts and records. She was laundering money to an offshore account in the Caymans."

"You need to shut up!"

"That was your plan. To have your daughter steal my money. Marrying me would give her even more access to my own personal bank accounts and cards."

"Steal your money?! Look around you! I don't need your money and I don't appreciate your accusations!"

"I found the account in the Caymans. Every dollar was returned to my company's account."

"Why would I want my daughter to steal from you and that slow company of yours?"

"Because you're bankrupted!"

He choked on his whiskey before he clutched over on the edge of the desk to catch his breath and steady himself.

"You're holding on by a thin thread. You've already lost your three mansions, your yacht, your collections of cars and your company in China shut its doors. They're coming after your penthouse and this company next. Hence, your plan."

"Ricky... I.. that's bullshit. You need to take your feet off my desk and get your ass out of my office!"

"You think I'm going to let you get away with this, you think I'm just going to walk away?"

"You don't have any proof!"

I took the liberty and tossed the proof to him. The trace of money to The Caymans account from PIT. Penelope was kind of smart to not use her own computer but camera spotted her using the Front desk receptionist's every time monies would go unaccounted for. Then there was Marcus's drying bank accounts statements his ex-wife assisted me in getting.

"Dad! DAD! We have a problem! Ricardo, he.. " In came Penelope. She stopped in her tracks when she saw me.

"Ricardo.. what?" I questioned, "He found out about your plan?"

"Dad, how could you let him in here?!"

"I didn't!"

"You shouldn't even be here. You said you were going to leave to.."

"Shut up, Penelope! Just keep your damn mouth shut! This is all your fault. And I'm losing my patience with you!" Marcus yelled at his daughter in a deafening tone.

"You think this is the time to be yelling at me right now?" she asked him.

"What else is there to do, because he can't run from this, neither can you. The FBI is already here," I inputted.

"Ricardo, you don't have to do that. I'm begging you," Penelope pleaded. I've never seen her look so afraid and vulnerable.

"You stole from my company. Sensitive information I thought I can trust you with, you used it to your advantage!"

"I'm sorry. That evil man right there made me do it!" she cried.

"If you're looking for sympathy, you'll get zero from me. You knew better. You knew exactly what you were doing."

"You got it back, didn't you?"

"And you think that fixes the crime you committed, nah, I want to see handcuffs, bars and orange suits."

I retrieved the walkie-talkie. "Agent, I'm done here. The king cobra and cottonmouth are waiting," I spoke. I stood up and Penelope crawled up to my feet with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Ricardo. Tell them this is all a misunderstanding please. I'll change. I'll stop harassing you. I'll apologize to Adani. I'll respect it if you're both in a relationship. I will leave the state and leave you alone. Pin this all on my father!" she begged again.

"You disappointment!" Marcus yelled and threw whiskey at her. She squealed and cried even more.

"Marcus and Penelope Vant," Agent Rodney announced, "You're both under arrest for the offense of money laundering. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be use against you in the court of law. You have the rights to an attorney."

Handcuffs were slapped on and they were escorted out. A peaceful relief captured me as I followed slightly behind and informed Adani of the outcome.

"She's out of our lives, baby," I told her.

"That's great."

"Why you don't sound happy though?"

" The pilot just dropped me back at the mansion."

"Okay. Did something happen?"

"Your mother is here."

__________________
A/N

Ricardo and Adani can't catch a break and they're just now official.

Would it really be them against the 'world' or would the 'world' win? 🤔
*Look out for more updates*