59

Filch was yet again hanging a Decree box, number twenty-seven. The hammer crashing into the wall as he failed to meet the giant nail stuck between two stone blocks. The ladder he stood on wobbled and shook with each swing he took.

Students watched below, crowding around the shaking ladder, one of the only sources of entertainment now.

"Any students found in possession of the magazine The Quibbler will be expelled." Rang Umbridges high-pitched voice over the PA system.

"I bet you ten galleons Filch will fall off his ladder within the next two Decrees he hangs," Draco whispered, leaning down to Faris's height.

She hesitated before nudging him in the side with a small smirk, "You're on."

"I've got Prefect duties, see you at dinner?" He asked, rubbing her back.

"I'll see you then," she nodded, her cheeks heating as he pecked her on the lips.

~*~

"Are you thinking of joining, Blaise?" Flint asked.

Blaise's head perked up, the frosting from his fairy cakes slopped around his mouth, he paused, "join what?"

"The Inquisitorial Squad, the thing we've been talking about this whole time."

"Oh," he shrugged, "sure. Why?"

Flint rolled his eyes, "For extra credit, of course, you could really use it with the O.W.L.S coming up."

"Okay," Blaise shrugged popping the rest of the cake into his mouth. Faris tugged on her coat, dreading where the conversation was leading.

"Where do you think you're going?" Draco asked with a smirk, tugging on her hips when she tried to get up.

"Hogsmeade, we heard Potter was taking Cho Chang on a date, we're gonna go watch him fuck it up."

A chuckle rang past his lips, "My girlfriend, ladies, and gentlemen." Flint chuckled, through his mouth full of food. "Have fun, love," he said playfully kissing her on the cheek. "Not too much fun though," he winked.

She snorted, "Don't let Blaise choke while I'm gone."

"I can't promise you anything that has to do with that man."

" . . . He isn't very manly though."

"Hey!" Blaise yelled, food spewing out of his mouth and straight onto Flint's lap.

~*~

"Oh look, it's Potter and Chang!" Pansy screeched with fake surprise. "You know Chang I'm surprised you agreed to go out with him. Your taste in boys has clearly dropped since Diggory, hm?"

Faris snorted, trying to hide it with a sudden cough. Pansy nudged Faris in the side, nodding her head towards the tea shop the couple had just walked into. Together, Pansy and Faris walked in, discreetly sitting at a table in the back.

Faris cringed at the decorated shop.

The shop was covered head to toe in pink and red, golden cherubs hanging from the ceiling confetti balled up in their tiny hands.

The waitress, with black hair, slicked back so tightly it looked like it would burst into a bundle around her head, stopped at Harry and Cho's table.

Cho spoke up, "Two coffees, please."

"Was she even going to ask Potter what he wanted?" Pansy asked, squinting at their small table.

Faris cocked her head at the nervous couple, "You'd think he'd never talked to a girl before with the way he's squirming around in his seat."