6

Draco often came to the Astronomy tower to be alone and to think. Other times he would come to do his homework or read if he had the time. Today he wanted to be alone.

The previous night was spent tossing and turning under his heavy blankets. He couldn't sleep. Surprisingly he wasn't that mad about Potter entering the Tournament, he didn't care, he'd probably end up failing anyway.

He'd spent the night thinking about her.

He also thought about what Flint said. And while he had considered going up to her numerous times throughout her stay, he could never work up the guts to actually conquer the idea.

Instead, he thought about being with her, dating her. He usually thought about it during class or before he went to sleep. But most of the time he would spend his nights awake deeply entrenched in his scenarios.

He would think about bringing her to the manor and walking with her through the gardens, kissing her in the gardens like they had all the time in the world, and in his scenarios they did. There was nothing to worry about, and it would all be perfect.

He imagined laying a blanket out on the prickly grass and lying down with her, basking under the warm sun. Then he would kiss her and all of those luscious, bright flowers would disappear, the water trickling from the fountain would be faint, and it would just be Draco and Faris alone kissing in the quiet space.

His lips would repeatedly collide with hers and she would be breathing heavily under him and pulling him closer. He would tell her he loved her and she would say it back and his heart would race.

She would place a small flower behind his ear when he wasn't looking and she would laugh at his reaction when he found it. Then he would keep the delicate flower with him for a long time. She wouldn't even be aware that he had kept it that long and the small flower would be in his pocket on their wedding day.

He even went as far as to plan their wedding. He got very bored in his History of Magic class.

He imagined winning a Quidditch game in the spring and Faris would run up to him and give him the tightest and warmest of hugs. It wouldn't matter that everyone was watching, it would just be her and him.

A lot of the time his scenarios took place in the gardens back home because he knew she would love them. Thinking about her made him happy because it brought him hope.

He truly believed that he had a shot with her. If he could just get her alone it would be much easier.

While he stood in the Astronomy Tower he pictured sitting in here with her and holding her in his arms as they would look at the stars or watch the sunset. He wouldn't be looking at the view though, he'd be studying her. He would memorize her face so when he closed his eyes he could still see her.

He would kiss her cheek, then her nose, then her chin, and she would be leaning into him as he planted kisses all over her face. She would smile the biggest cheesiest smile and his heart flutter because he knew he was the cause of her happiness.

Then his stomach grumbled, and his scenario had come to an end. As all good things do.

Maybe Faris would be at dinner. Maybe he could sit next to her.

Something sparked in him and he picked up his feet and began walking toward the stairs quickly so he didn't lose that spark of confidence before he got there.

He didn't even make it six steps down the stairs when he heard Pansy's voice echo from the bottom of the stairwell.

"Come on Faris, you'll love the view! You haven't been up here yet-"