7

The water of the black lake rippled in the fading sunlight, Faris and Pansy sat by the waters edge, their feet dipped in the nippy water of the Black Lake. Half-empty bottles of pumpkin juice at their sides.

The bottoms of Faris's jeans were starting to become spotted with water from Blaise and Flint's games. The two of them were horsing around in the lake, attempting to tackle the other under the surface. Their poorly made goggles pressed hard to their faces, suctioning to their skin

The sun flickered on the lake cutting bright diamonds of light into the surface of the viridian water. A small breeze was brushing through Faris's hair, it was all very peaceful despite the war cries of Blaise and Flint tackling each other.

At this point, Faris could barely even feel her feet from how frigid the water was. She couldn't understand how Blaise and Flint had managed to stay in the water this long. She pulled her feet out of the water, her skin as white as lace and now wrinkled like dried cranberries.

She cringed and then dipped them back in the water without giving it a second thought.

"What the hell, Zabini?" Pansy shrieked, interrupting Faris's thoughts. Blaise had splashed Pansy, her light wash jeans now splattered with water spots. They both gave in and rolled up their jeans.

Draco walked up behind Faris, shoving his hands deep in his pockets. "Can I join you?" He asked.

"Yeah of course, you don't have to ask," she smiled as he sat down next to her, tugging off his shoes and dipping his feet in the numbing water. He shivered as his feet made contact with the cold water, goosebumps running up his legs.

A pair of hands lurched out of the water gripping Pansy's ankle and yanking her into the water. She screeched as water splashed around them, Faris ducked from the water. Draco, not being quick enough, got soaked.

He made a sour face as he wrung the water out of his jacket. Faris chuckled, her eyes gleaming as the sun shined bright on her face.

Pansy came up from the water for air, her bangs sagging over her eyes, mascara now staining her face. Then she started yelling at Blaise for getting her expensive top wet, and Blaise was just smiling at her and holding back his laughter.

Faris laughed at them which pissed Pansy off. Pansy cupped her hands under the water splashing it onto Faris's face. Her eyes flung closed and her face scrunched up. She wiped the water off her face with her sleeve, spitting out the lake water.

"Good god, you're over dramatic," Faris chuckled. Pansy rolled her eyes and climbed out of the lake, she began to trudge off to the castle, she would forgive them tomorrow.

Faris leaned back on the palms of her hands, Draco gazed at her trying to memorize every line and detail on her face. Then his eyes fell to her lips. Her soft rosy lips- he pulled his gaze away from her immediately when her head turned towards his, feeling his eyes on her.

His brows furrowed as he tried to think of something to say that wasn't stupid.

". . . Do you wanna hang out sometime?" He blurted out, letting out a heavy breath. He cursed himself for jumbling his words together so it ended up sounding like 'do-you-ha-out-time'

"Sorry, I didn't catch that?"

"Do . . . do you wanna hang out sometime?" He asked, choosing his words carefully. "Just you and me?"

"Sure," she beamed, "when?"

"Is tomorrow too soon?" He asked, trying to not get his hopes up.

"Tomorrow's great."