3

The Great Hall doors were huge and heavy, the double doors loomed over the students dressed in blue as they awaited their entrance. Some students were excited for the grand entrance, others had been dreading it ever since they began practicing it.

Students passed the time by fixing loose strands of perfectly washed hair, they adjusted their uniforms, and smoothed out the wrinkles despite the fact they were bound to be mused up after their entrance of leaps and twirls.

The competing school, Durmstrang, was set to enter the Great Hall after Beauxbatons. The boys from the Bulgarian school were rowdy and growing restless at the end of the corridor, some eyed the girls of the opposing school, others leaned against the wall and adjusted their coats in the heat of the school.

"Positions garçons et de filles, comme on s' est entrainé, le moment est venu," Madame Maxime called out.

The students held their hands behind their backs, their heads held high as if they weren't about to embarrass themselves in front of a new wizarding school. Madame Maxime positioned herself behind the students, prepared to make an appearance.

The oak doors drifted open as heads turned towards them. The students paraded forward, the girl's heels clapping on the floor. As the Hogwarts students watched in awe, the Beauxbaton students extended their arms letting out a long dramatic sigh.

They pranced to the front of the room twirling to face the crowd, letting out one more long sigh. This time blue butterflies fluttered around the room, and the crowd erupted in applause (mostly the boys), some of them whistling as the Beauxbaton boys and girls smiled with pride.

Dumbledore silenced the crowd after welcoming Madam Maxime, gesturing her and her students over to a table.

"Now, please welcome our friends from the North, the proud sons of Dumrstrang and their Headmaster Igor Karkaroff."

Boys in red coats trudged into the room, fur capes draped over their shoulders. Tall golden staffs in hand, pounding against the stone floor. Bright yellow and orange sparks flew around the hall. Two rather beefy boys started doing back handsprings heavily landing on their feet.

Students' eyes widened once again, but this time it wasn't over the impressive tricks or the over-the-top confidence, it was over the famous Bulgarian that had just entered the Great Hall.

Vikor Krum the famous Quidditch player walked at the back of the group with his Headmaster. The rest of the Bulgarian school was disregarded, all eyes were on the Quidditch player and it would most definitely be that way for the duration of their stay.

Girls of all ages would obsess over him and stalk him. Cocky first years would convince themselves they had a chance to catch his eye, even though they were so short compared to him that he could use them as bowling pins in a bowling game if he wished. They would probably comply anyway.

The Bulgarian boys sat at another empty table on the other side of the room.

Hazel nudged Faris in the ribs, biting her bottom lip as she noticed the intense eye contact Faris was receiving from one of the Durmstrang boys. "We haven't been here for ten minutes and somebody already likes you!" Hazel chuckled.

"He could just as easily be looking at somebody else, this is a large crowd," Faris whispered, a smile growing on her red face. "And he's probably about to graduate so it wouldn't matter."

Hazel rolled her eyes at Faris's sad attempts to hide her heated face.

"Hogwarts, let's entertain our friends in the best way we can! All stand!" Dumbledore commanded, standing at the front of the Great Hall, the Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students still clustered together at their tables. All the students rose to their feet.