Chapter 3 - Long Distance Suffering

Kai'sa PoV

After Eve left, I couldn't help but frown. I have never scene Ahri nor Evelynn cry so much before. Normally I'd be the sensitive one but these two full blown bawled there pretty eyes out to the songs.

Although I did notice Eve holding back her tears quite significantly before the last two songs before leaving towards the bathroom.

Little did I realize, I would also be in for the water works.

"Sera how you holding up?" I asked her

"I'm doing fine, still super excited from all these songs" She smiled

"As long as you're happy" I chuckled the way he moves and effortlessly integrates his choreography is absolutely stunning.

Shadow reached the end of his song and just in time Eve returns from the bathroom. It would be insensitive to ask but I have to make sure she's alright.

"Are you feeling better Eve" I turned my head towards Evelynn and she stood there stunned a bit

"Yes Bokkie, thank you for worrying" She shook her head and sat back down.

Loud cheering can be heard throughout the stadium as the lights dim down. A slight blue glow fills the room.

The mellow beat of synthesis fill the stadium.

"Why does this song sound familiar" I whispered to myself.

Small knots within my chest form as I listened towards the lyrics.

Feeling like I'm out of my mind, 'cause
I can't get enough
Only one that I give my time,
'cause l
got eyes for ya
Might make an exception for ya,
'cause I been feelin' ya
Think I might be out of my mind, I
think that you're the one

"Sounds like Y/N's poem..but how? I thought he was in Ionia still the last time we texted..." Questioning if it was really Y/n.

Flashbacks

I became friends with Y/n back during junior year of high school as we were both fairly new transfer students.

"Please introduce yourselves" the teacher asked

"Hello, My name name is Kai'Sa" I said with little effort and a fake smile.

I didn't try to make friends with anyone because I knew my father would eventually force me to move away towards a new school because of his work.

The teacher nodded and pointed towards my seat. I complied and sat at my temporary desk.

Next in line was a bot with semi dead looking eyes but looks semi built from the arms.

"M-My name is Y/n L/n" He said

While I truly wasn't interested in him, we were paired for the majority of the school month as we could learn from each other.

And I must say, I quite enjoyed his company we bonded over similar interests such as dancing, choreography, drawing, poetry and even the fact that his dad also forces him to move for his dad's line of work.

After a couple more weeks we started going out steadily.

"Hey, I wrote a poem you wanna hear" he grin widely