"You said it, not me," he laughs before spitting and washing his mouth.

"You think my mom is a better cook than me?" I gasp playfully.

"Babe, like I said," he laughs. "You said it, not me." I squint my eyes as he winks at me and leaves the bathroom.

His brief absence shoots curiosity and fear into my bones. With my toothbrush hanging from my mouth, I glance up at the shower curtains...and wonder how I could reach something so high...so high.

Shaking my head, I quickly finish brushing my teeth and run to my bedroom, where I see Layne looking around.

"It's like I'm getting introduced to you all over again," Layne says as he stares at my stacked bookshelf. Smiling, I look around with him as I settle in my bed, remembering the person I'd left behind."You know..." he then says, looking at me as he walks towards my bed. "This is the perfect time to ask you to marry me. With your family being around and all."

"Not that perfect," I laugh. "Your family isn't here."

"I can make arrangements," Layne smoothly says as he slides into the bed.

Rolling my eyes at him, I sit up to turn the night off. "Go to sleep."

"No," Layne giggles, pulling me to him.

Laughing, I stroke his jaw, staring at my frog ring. "You have a ring?"

"I'm still shopping," he softly says, inching a little closer to give me a sweet peck on my lips.

"Trying to find the perfect frog ring?"

Layne laughs, "you want another frog ring?"

"Obviously."

"Yeah, obviously," he laughs.

"....Shouldn't we live together for a bit before we get married?" I then ask, quietly raising a brow.

"Is this you asking me you wanna move in with me?"

"I'm surprised you didn't ask me yet."

"I wanted to," he admits. "But I'm working on not rushing shit."

"You got your levels mixed up," I dramatically cooed to him, softly pulling on his cheek.

"Levels?"

"Mmmm," I nod. "Dating is first, moving in together is second, and marriage is third."

"Ehhh, I think friendship is first, but alright," he chuckles. Then, "So we're moving in together?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"Babe, would you like to move in with me?"

"Yesss."

"like...when you get back to Seattle?"

"Yesss."

Layne's smile stretches from ear to ear. "I'll make sure to have the place ready before your arrival, my queen," he says in a British accent. "Spic and span," he whistles.

Giggling with excitement, I nestle into him. "...can we get a pet?"

"Mmh," Layne nods. "Cat or dog?...or frog?"

"A cat," I giggle, resting my forehead on his heart.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~

After undressing into an oversized Janis Joplin shirt, I notice Layne looking around my room again. Nosey man. He stands by my dresser, focusing on a couple of items.